Program-Specific Info / Q's Tennessee OT: TSU vs. UTHSC vs. UTC

Started by TnOT96
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TnOT96

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted into these programs in Tennessee and was wondering if there is a big difference in the programs.

TSU is most convenient for me as I could live at home and start sooner than Memphis, but I have heard mixed things about the program. Can any alumni from the program attest to how prepared you felt after graduation? I want the Masters over Doctorate and being able to live at home is a big factor for me. Even though both programs have good NBCOT pass rates, I am just worried that TSU's program isn't as good as UTHSC in Memphis and that I would receive a better education if I went there.
 
I was accepted into these programs in Tennessee and was wondering if there is a big difference in the programs.

TSU is most convenient for me as I could live at home and start sooner than Memphis, but I have heard mixed things about the program. Can any alumni from the program attest to how prepared you felt after graduation? I want the Masters over Doctorate and being able to live at home is a big factor for me. Even though both programs have good NBCOT pass rates, I am just worried that TSU's program isn't as good as UTHSC in Memphis and that I would receive a better education if I went there.
Which program did you decide on? I am in a similar situation.
 
I am attending TSU. I talked to some people who had gone there, and they all said most of your learning comes from Fieldwork no matter where you go to school.
I think I have decided to go there too. Can I have your contact info?