Terrified/Stressed Out ~ Please Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hrtrs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that I was getting myself ready for this MCAT, taking practice tests, feeling better about them, until the most recent ones I have taken, my scores went down. I think as of today I would score a 24-25 on Saturday, and I am very concerned. I took the test April 2004 Score: 18, August 2005 Score: 19, and now April, I was hoping I would have a remarkable improvement. I had all year to study and had a sick family member to care for this year that threw off my studying a bit. I am concerned. I had so many practice materials from my class, but I didn't even get close to getting much of them done, I sat through class, and took exams, but didn't finish the books. I look at the questions I get wrong, and the answers are obvious, I just throw myself off, get stressed, and the score falls. I don't want 3 bad scores on my record and then have to take it in August for a 4th time. I intend to take it, because I paid for it, but if I don't feel like I am grasping the concepts as well, I will void it. Then I think about August and wonder, will I still be in the same situation. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you may have, because I am at the end of my rope in terms of medical school admission, 2 horrific scores already on my record. If you were in my shoes, would you not score your exam on Saturday? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

If you were in my shoes, would you not score your exam on Saturday? :scared:[/QUOTE]
See how you feel on Saturday. I think April gives you an opportunity to improve considering the august test demands that you study all summer, non-stop. Don't doubt yourself. I know some of us are more or less scared than others, but give it your best. If you feel miserable by the end of the day--like you know in your heart of hearts that you bombed it, then void the test. Try to look on the up-side of things...you might surprise yourself. first and foremost, do not be scared. You know this test, and hopefully that will calm 50% of those nerves! :luck: :luck: :luck:

It's all about preparation and practice. The more prep and practice you do, the better of you'll be; just like midterms or finals, albeit a more important and broader test. I'd check out the 30+ thread for some pointers.

i've heard of people drinking a glass of wine the morning of the test and then at lunch break to help with the nerves. might help you focus a little better...

Pancho Villa said:
i've heard of people drinking a glass of wine the morning of the test and then at lunch break to help with the nerves. might help you focus a little better...
My kind of strategy :smuggrin: :D