test anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

predent77

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi.. i am going to take my dat in about 2 weeks from now.. and i'm getting pretty anxious ... any last two week tips?? also... what is the best way to improve on the reading comp??
and for those of you who took kaplan... how are the kaplan tests (diagnostic, midterm, final) compared to the actual dats??
any input would be appreciated... thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

since this test is very important in our life, we do care about it. when we care too much, that is not good for our health. :)

ok, my friend. i understand your feeling cause i just finished it two hours ago. Kaplan test is harder vs the real one, but reading and pat are about the same.

last minute tip: find your mistakes, and practice on that. you pretty much know everything right now, and you should know what part is the weakest for you, work really hard on that. take 3-5 full tests a week before the your dat date. take a good sleep before the test, that is the best you can do for yourself since it is took more than 5 hour before you finish it.

god bless

snowman

Hi,
i guess the best way to be calm is to be prepared.Try to practise as many sample tests as possible before the exam.I guess you could buy some DAT CD which has a lot of sample tests,try topscore for example ,i think it has about 3 sample tests.
for reading comp part,try reading some scientific articles ,you can find them in any library or on the internet,this will help you out in feeling more in control.
just don't worry about it,if you do your part,you'll be alright.

I'am in the same boat as you my test is on Sept 4. The reading section I don't seem to have any problems with it's the math that is killing me. I can do all the problems but they take me so long! I'am really concerned that this will bring my score down a great deal. I'am averaging around a 18-20 on all sections except the math where I average about 15-16 with 17 being my highest. These scores are on the Topscore Cd. Is the real deal a little bit easier than the Topscore if so, point wise how different did you score? Ive heard most 2-3 points overall higher. For those who have taken the test is it that you practiced with Topscore and the questions are similiar, or are the question just easier?
thanks Chris