Test Construction

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyDRxPnow

Clinical Psychology
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Test Construction final is kicking me in the buttocks

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I am the only one

PsyDRxPnow said:
Test Construction final is kicking me in the buttocks

And you want to prescribe meds!? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

God help us...and your patients.

Members don't see this ad :)
PublicHealth said:
And you want to prescribe meds!? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

God help us...and your patients.

Public health!! Have you found your professional identity yet? I hope you do for the sake of your patients.

By the way if I was too unfit to pursue RxP, I would have given up on test construction by now and went to medical school (as you have) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but I just finished it and will go on to the next level.

Public health, try not to antagonize people when they are not bothering you or else suffer the consequences.

PsyDRxPnow said:
Public health!! Have you found your professional identity yet? I hope you do for the sack of your patients.

By the way if I was too unfit to pursue RxP, I would have given up on test construction by now and went to medical school (as you have) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but I just finished it and will go on to the next level.

Public health, try not to antagonize people when they are not bothering you or else suffer the consequences.
...for the sack of his/her patients?

There is no need for unprofessional behavior or insults. It just makes both professions look bad.

I like Bill's quote above...very applicable to how this thread turned out. On a less childish note, I am curious what problems you are having with test construction? Granted this is one of the most boring of subjects for us clinical folks, but we do have to learn it. What is hanging you up? Or have you solved it?

:D

psisci said:
I like Bill's quote above...very applicable to how this thread turned out. On a less childish note, I am curious what problems you are having with test construction? Granted this is one of the most boring of subjects for us clinical folks, but we do have to learn it. What is hanging you up? Or have you solved it?

:D

Finally, some decent questions, I was actually stressed out when I posted this questions b/c I was studying for the final. But now the final has passed and I am ready to go on.

You are correct this course is very boring for clinicians.

Thank you for your concern.

I can promise you that you will need that knowledge in test construction at one point only in your entire life......when you take the EPPP!! Never again after!! :D

psisci said:
I can promise you that you will need that knowledge in test construction at one point only in your entire life......when you take the EPPP!! Never again after!! :D

That is music to my ears

hahaha. So I guess I'm in the minority. I love psychometrics and test construction. But of course, I'm also strongly interested in research.

I like it too, but in reality you will never use what you learned. Even if you get a job with PAR or the like they already have invented that wheel. It is good to know..

:cool:

PSYPAQ said:
hahaha. So I guess I'm in the minority. I love psychometrics and test construction. But of course, I'm also strongly interested in research.

I think that it (test construction) can be interesting but not for me. I just found out that I got a B on the final and I am completely happy with it.