Test date choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaAlienist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on taking the MCAT this spring and applying for the 2017 cycle. I planned on taking the June 17th date, get my score by July 17th, and submit on June 1st regardless. However ... the closest test center is four hours away which I don't really want to do ...

So my two choices are early and mid July 2017. I'll get a score by August, is that early enough?

Being the eager beaver that I am, I would really like to submit a complete amcas the day that it opens but I cant. Is it true the school won't consider (?) until they get the MCAT score though. However, searching through SDN, it seems as if people have been applying around early-June to early July so 20 days wouldn't hurt too much, right?

Or should I take the exam even earlier if there are open spots available, just in case I would want to retake it before the summer comes? Hopefully, I would have time to study with my class/work schedule... would having work until 5 every day and taking neurobio, biochem, molec gio blass this quarter and neurobio, anatomy, and advanced p chem next quarter allow sufficient time to study for the MCAT?

lots of questions ... but yeah, it'd be nice to get some advice. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.