Test Day anxiety

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ak21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I've recently been studying for my second run at the MCAT. Along the way I have been reflecting on my first MCAT experience. and one thing in retrospect that I really feel affected me was my test day anxiety. Usually before I take any test I get some butterflies in my stomach. But as I move through the test they go away. I remember with my first MCAT, when my name popped up on that screen, I was thinking to myself oh s@&!. lol so I was wondering how other people dealt with that similar feeling so I can deal with it better on my retake. Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Use the entire 10 minute tutorial and 10 minute agreement times to control your breathing. Write down anything you might have crammed in at the last minute - then forget it. Stretch, crack your back, neck, fingers, and continue controlling your breathing.

Beyond that....no clue :confused:
I felt like I was going to vomit 30 minutes before the exam. The above helped tremendously.

Hey Everyone,

I've recently been studying for my second run at the MCAT. Along the way I have been reflecting on my first MCAT experience. and one thing in retrospect that I really feel affected me was my test day anxiety. Usually before I take any test I get some butterflies in my stomach. But as I move through the test they go away. I remember with my first MCAT, when my name popped up on that screen, I was thinking to myself oh s@&!. lol so I was wondering how other people dealt with that similar feeling so I can deal with it better on my retake. Thanks for your input!

Honestly, everyone's different. No one is going to give you enlightening advice, but because you're taking it for a second time, you'll probably know what to expect.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. You also have to turn your pockets out each time you enter the exam room. All you're allowed to have with you is your locker key, your ID, and your clothes, although sometimes they take those away too :lame:.

Last edited: