test security question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsmith7790

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is something that I have been wondering about. I am of the understanding that a psychologist should not send home standardized material to be completed (e.g. MMPI for instance). I am wondering if level A or B tests are also to never be sent home to be completed. What about questionnaires that clients may fill out at different intervals to track progress for instance that clients may already have some familiarity with. Also how would psychologists get around this, with say, trying to get questionnaires completed by a teacher or parent who is unable to come in. Just wondering. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

The only way to get questionnaires from teachers is to send them home. We regularly send things home with parents for them to return the next time or mail in-- but you can send these things without sending the scoring sheet (e.g., with the SRS you just tear the scoring sheet off the back before you send the questionnaire) or they're designed such that you have to rip them open to see the scoring and on some measures the scoring is meaningless if you don't have the manual to interpret the acronyms or scores or whatever. Nobody cares if you send home (or send to school) a level A or prob most B self-report (or teacher/parent report). And anyway a level A, basically anyone can order, probably including your clients. You have to think about what the purpose of the test is- there's a reason personality tests like the MMPI are more restricted (and thus category C)- qualitatively quite different compared to a questionnaire about a kid's observable behaviors in the classroom.

Reactions: 1 users