Testing center in houston???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amelie88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm scheduled to take the test at 7111 Harwin, Suite 100, Houston, 77036.
Has anyone taken a test at this location (or any location in Houston)? What are the conditions like? (Scratch paper vs. dry erase board, cleanliness, headphones, etc?)

Thanks a bunch!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also taking mine in Houston. I would love to hear about this test site, too! I will post after the test and give my report.

Sounds like there are quite a few Houstonians on SDF.

Test Date: Thursday, July 30, 2009
Test Time: 12:00 PM
Test Center: Prometric Test Center
16800 Imperial Valley
Suite 170
Houston, TX 77060
Phone:

Map/Directions: http://maps.google.com/?q=16800 Imperial Valley Houston TX 77060

Hey, I copied and pasted this from another thread on SD (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=532259)

Hope it helps!

--

Yes, I took it at:

16800 Imperial Valley
Suite 170 (HOUSTON METROAREA)
Houston, TX 77060

How is the condition? (meaning whether the staff is friendly/rude, flat screen/lcd monitor, scratch paper/white board, etc.)

Terrible. Old monitors, staff was not very knowledgeable. Since it was longer test than the GED test that many others were taking I was the last one in the testing room which seemed to annoy some of the staff. The center itself is located in the Greenspoint area, which is affectionately nick named "Guns-point" because of the amount of crime in the area.

Also, does anyone know how big the white board is usually (estimated dimension)?

All through my kaplan program we were told that we were going to have paper and pencils to write on. Instead, we had laminated sheets of blue construction paper and fat, half dry, dry erase markers. This made it extremely difficult to take notes for reading comprehension. It was also difficult when trying to go fast for QR.

I don't really know if taking the test in a bigger city matters. If you can, I'd scope out the place closest to you and see if you'd be fine there. If I were to retake the DAT I would have done it at a different location.

I'm registered at the Imperial Valley location as well, and that review kinda scared me. I really do not want a dry erase board / marker thing. Not to mention old terrible monitors. I might go check it out, and if it's really that bad I might reschedule for some other location. Sounds like overall, but I'm so easily distracted that it just might be worth it to do this. I did read someone else's review on some other website awhile back that it was a nice testing center with new monitors, etc.. so maybe it's been updated?

TexasPrincess it would be greatly appreciated if you could come back to this thread and share your experience at the testing center :)

Sorry for thread hijack op :oops: