Testlet Questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctormeens

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am planning to give my NBDE 1 exam in june...
I would really appreciate if all who have given the exam in new pattern let me know how many testlets are there in all and what else we need to study to do well in testlets.Also pl lemme know the important topics we need to stress on...
Thanks alot
All the best for the exam.

Members don't see this ad.

hey doctormeens
there r around 7-8 testlets in each paper which comprises around 35-40 questions in each....and u dont really have to prepare separately for these type q coz i think if u r prepared well 4 the exam u will be able to answer these q too.....dont worry if u hav ur concepts clear u can definately do well but one thing i would like to say is that they r time consuming acc. to me so try to save more time 4 these in ur exam ......n 4 practicing these , i think the kaplan q bank is good choice
all the best....:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey doctormeens
there r around 7-8 testlets in each paper which comprises around 35-40 questions in each....and u dont really have to prepare separately for these type q coz i think if u r prepared well 4 the exam u will be able to answer these q too.....dont worry if u hav ur concepts clear u can definately do well but one thing i would like to say is that they r time consuming acc. to me so try to save more time 4 these in ur exam ......n 4 practicing these , i think the kaplan q bank is good choice
all the best....:luck:

from anyone who more recently took part 1...does anyone have any updated advice as to how to prepare best for the testlet section? is the pamphlet in the decks a good representation? 40Q is a nice chunk of our score so it'd be good ot get practice so the real thing isn't a shock

does it just come up randomly in the first 2.5 hrs of the test and is mixed with anatomy and biochem/phys questions? or could they also be in the second half 2.5 hours after lunch too and mixed with micro/dental anat/path??

any advice is appreciated...thx!!

from anyone who more recently took part 1...does anyone have any updated advice as to how to prepare best for the testlet section? is the pamphlet in the decks a good representation? 40Q is a nice chunk of our score so it'd be good ot get practice so the real thing isn't a shock

does it just come up randomly in the first 2.5 hrs of the test and is mixed with anatomy and biochem/phys questions? or could they also be in the second half 2.5 hours after lunch too and mixed with micro/dental anat/path??

any advice is appreciated...thx!!

First,it is a good idea to go thru the candidate guide.The test consists of two 3.5 hr sessions,not 2.5 There are 80 questions in the 10 clinical scenarios given.The first 40 questions come towards the end of the first session and after an optional break the next 40 questions come first in the second session.As far as I know you dont need to prepare specifically for the testlets.When you prepare for the subjects,you automatically prepare for them too.The pamphlet in the decks though might not prepare you,gives a good idea about the presentation of the questions in the actual exam.Hope this helps!