Tests to maintain employment at hospital pharmacies

Started by Sparda29
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone else have to do this ****? Every year I get sent a test about USP 797 protocol and pharmacotherapy. Do normal hospitals do this or is my hospital just being extra for no reason?

And it's actually a hard test where they give very similar answers. (Expiration date for multi-dose vials, 24 hours, 7 days, 28 days, 30 days are the options. Normally I'd just pick the strictest option but these guys actually want the exact answer.)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The 797 tests have been at every hospital I've ever worked in. We had a fairly easy pharmacology test at my PRN location with very leading questions and obvious answers. My old job had started implementing pretty difficult tests to work in clinical specialty areas after training, but I don't know if those were going to be an annual requirement.
 
Sterility testing and lots of mandatory classes with with open quizzes at the end. Nothing at all on pharmacotherapy.
 
We have some reading material but yeah. I think that's standard.

28 days but I used to be a tech so maybe that's why its NBD for me