Tetralogy of Fallot

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Versed0101

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 4 y.o. 45 lb male who needs dental rehab. He had the VSD repair and pulmonary obstruction removed when he was about 1.

Mom says he is normal kid runs around and is asymptomatic. His pulse ox was 99 on room air.

Do I need a pediatric anesthesiologist or someone with cardiac experience for this case? Abgs?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 4 y.o. 45 lb male who needs dental rehab. He had the VSD repair and pulmonary obstruction removed when he was about 1.

Mom says he is normal kid runs around and is asymptomatic. His pulse ox was 99 on room air.

Do I need a pediatric anesthesiologist or someone with cardiac experience for this case? Abgs?

Why not? Give us some business...:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I wasn't clear. Do I need a sub specialty cardiac anesthesiologist or a pediatric anesthesiologist?

Sorry about that - you need an anesthesiologist. Doesn't have to be pediatric or cardiac . Could sound better for the mother though and your business if you ask for one.

I think we're starting to see a pattern with your postings, Versed...in my opinion you are toeing over the line of asking for medical advice. You would be better off from a medicolegal standpoint by calling your anesthesiology group for an answer to this question, anyway.

Although these threads sometimes have interesting discussions about where it's appropriate to do a case, this really amounts to requesting (and receiving) an anesthesiology consult over the internet. The TOS and common sense tell us not to go there ... this isn't a hypothetical or an after-the-fact discussion of a real case; it's one of your pending cases and you're asking us how to manage it.

Versed0101, maybe you ought to make some arrangement with a local anesthesia group where you can have them evaluate your patients' histories and advise you on where to do the case and what subspecialty qualifications might or might not be necessary.

If I'm being an unnecessary killjoy, mods feel free to let me know.

Agree with both posts above. Closing thread.

Dude, try asking your partners. Though the folks around here are very sharp, you can't seriously be expecting to get advice like this on an anonymous internet forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.