Texas applicants! Need advice from class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Minion

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am in a dilemma, and I am debating if I should take a risk and get a C for an upper division biology course or drop the course and take it again?

My overall GPA is a 3.6, and science is a 3.6.

If I take a hit, then it will be a 3.53.

For the record, I am a senior right now with over 100+ hours. So I won't be a traditional (Junior applicant), and I have already taken my DAT (AA 20 TS 21 PAT 17)

Do you think I should take the C or repeat it again, and probably get an A. This time, I would probably be taking it over the summer because it will be only one class to focus on.

For those who got accepted, did you had to drop a course close before application cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

1 C is not gonna hurt you.... if you can get a better professor then drop it

Can you really drop a class 2 weeks before finals week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you really drop a class 2 weeks before finals week?
Yeah, you can. It's a one time drop, and you can only do it once. So what do you suggest?

I had a few drops. No biggie. I assume you're applying next summer ?

I had a few drops. No biggie. I assume you're applying next summer ?
Yes, I am applying next summer. Did you drop a science course, and did dental schools ask you why did you drop your classes? I feel that one W and one C, the adcoms will ask about a W. However, if you had a C, then there's a chance that they would not ask you about it.

I dropped organic chemistry and another class a long time ago because I had changed my mind about my career goals. When I snapped to my senses a few years later I retook it, and was never asked about the drops on my transcript. Then again, I signed up for the honors version and got an A so I guess they might have been more willing to overlook it. If you drop and feel confident that you can do well on the next try then I don't see why not.

I dropped Gen chem 1 twice (freshman yr was fun tho!) before I actually finished it the 3rd time. Nobody asked me about it. Protect your GPA

Yeah, you can. It's a one time drop, and you can only do it once. So what do you suggest?

I dropped 2 this semester (upper level ecology and one lab). And the school accepted me was ok with it

If you can't guarantee at least a C the drop.

I dropped 2 this semester (upper level ecology and one lab). And the school accepted me was ok with it

If you can't guarantee at least a C the drop.

Was it a Texas school? I want to go to Texas, but also I want to go to few out of states !