Texas Board of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrSassyPants

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, looking for some guidance from some Texas residents. I'm about to graduate from UAMS CoP in Arkansas, then moving to Texas to work. Just from reading the TX BoP website, it sounds like it takes awhile for things to get reviewed (6 weeks to review applications?), whereas I know that the AR BoP will authorize the NABP to send my ATT the Monday after I graduate. I plan on getting my license in both states, so should I score transfer to TX and get my primary in AR so I'll get my ATT sooner? Correct me if I'm wrong...but I can schedule the NAPLEX in whatever state I want to after I get the ATT? Thanks for any info!
 
Once you get your ATT you can take the test at any authorized center.

Yes, Texas takes forever to issue a license. It took me 10 weeks to get my license. Slow does not even begin to describe them.

I graduated from the University of Kansas. I moved to Colorado and took the NAPLEX and MPJE there and never got a license in Kansas. Of course now I will always have to keep my Colorado license. You can only reciprocate from a state you have an original license by examination.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know how long it usually takes for Texas to issue the ATT after graduation? I plan to make Texas my primary license. I don't even go to school in Texas, so that might even take longer. I'm trying to plan my vacation 🙂 I don't want to take the Naplex after I get back from my vacation, but if I do a residency, then I have a small window.
 
yeah, texas takes forever. Don't hold your breathe when it comes to getting your license!
 
Hey guys, looking for some guidance from some Texas residents. I'm about to graduate from UAMS CoP in Arkansas, then moving to Texas to work. Just from reading the TX BoP website, it sounds like it takes awhile for things to get reviewed (6 weeks to review applications?), whereas I know that the AR BoP will authorize the NABP to send my ATT the Monday after I graduate. I plan on getting my license in both states, so should I score transfer to TX and get my primary in AR so I'll get my ATT sooner? Correct me if I'm wrong...but I can schedule the NAPLEX in whatever state I want to after I get the ATT? Thanks for any info!

Tejas Stinks. The people suck.

But, the weathers freakin awesome, and you can buy a duplicate of the white house for .99 cents and a cracker jack coupon, so sure I guess I can understand why someone would want to move to that big "lonestar state" yeeehaw? I guess.