Texas Dfw

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmsssdoc2011

Reaction score
I just got an offer at an independent pharmacist in Plano for 50/hr. Seems really low. I’m currently getting 61.50/hr at cvs as a prn. Never worked for an independent before and just moved here, so not sure of the going rate. Does this seem like a bad deal?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an offer at an independent pharmacist in Plano for 50/hr. Seems really low. I’m currently getting 61.50/hr at cvs as a prn. Never worked for an independent before and just moved here, so not sure of the going rate. Does this seem like a bad deal?
That is kinda low for a staff at an indie. We're paying our staff and prn $55/hr. But then it is an independent meaning you'll be way less stressed and quality of life will drastically increase.

I'm sure you'll learn more about independent pharmacies as you work, unfair reimbursements have cause many hot spot independent pharmacies such as the one in Plano to cut back.

I'm trying to target the DFW market and that seems to be about the going rate. FT $50/hr and PRN's at $55/hr. CVStress likely pays a bit more but you get what you pay for