• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Texas Heart

Fantasy Sports

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2004
    barrytee said:
    anyone know what the deal is with Texas Heart Institute and what is supposed to happen with future fellowships (i.e. Baylor vs. UT Houston)?

No one knows for sure. Up to now it has been split leadership between UTH and BCM and both institutions were equals there. But as Texas Heart Institute (THI) is part of St. Luke's, and St. Luke's has become BCM's principal private teaching hospital, there is some question as to how long the current arrangement will play out.

So while I can't give you a straight answer, since no one knows, it would be logical that BCM starts increasing its say at THI as it becomes better integrated into St. Luke's.

About the Ads

say AH

10+ Year Member
    Jul 27, 2004
      According to the ACGME website, the THI cardiology program is listed as "Baylor College of Medicine/St. Lukes Episcopal Hospital" cardiology program so even if both Baylor and UT-Houston students rotate there, it appears to be a Baylor affiliated program.

Fantasy Sports

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Oct 28, 2004
        say AH said:
        According to the ACGME website, the THI cardiology program is listed as "Baylor College of Medicine/St. Lukes Episcopal Hospital" cardiology program so even if both Baylor and UT-Houston students rotate there, it appears to be a Baylor affiliated program.

Yeah, I second that both schools have students rotating there right now. Im just not sure how much longer this shared arrangement will last, considering I dont see any BCM students at Hermann (UTH hospital). So I doubt there would be too many UTH students at St. Luke's (where the Texas Heart Institute program is location)-- which is BCM's new home hospital.

dochuffman

cath
        7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        May 27, 2003
          TXMSIV said:
          Isn't it also true that Baylor has its own Cardiology program (making for 3 programs in Houston)? Sorry for the Perry Mason format.

Yes, that is true. THI is awesome and herman is building a new 6 story heart institute, across the street from the new 30 story Herman medical plaza. Baylor's cardiology program is great as well. However, all take outsiders so it is not essential for one to do a residency here, although it couldn't hurt.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.