Texas Pharmacy Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

delano2000

D-Mod likes to parTAY
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it just me or is anyone else just frustrated that 5/6 Pharmacy schools in Texas do not use PharmCAS? It is time consuming to apply to individual schools and have to write individual essays (sometimes more than 1). Just venting so don't pay me any mind.😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
haha, I'm sticking to public schools, so Feik is out for me! Good to know we won't be competing for spots at our top schools. 🙂

Call it laziness, but I think I might just apply to 2 schools. MAYBE 3. MAYBE. We'll see how many personal statements and LOR's I feel like putting together.


:laugh: That is a good thing. I am applying to UIW, UH and UT and that will be it. What schools are you applying to? I was on UT web page and 2 essays are required....This will drive me crazy.:scared:
 
The Texas folks usually come later in the year when people actually start submitting their apps. Most schools outside of Texas have rolling admissions or early decision, so thats why you'll see more non Texans on these boards right now. Look at the old Texas threads, you'll see that they weren't created till the beginning of january 2009
 
The Texas folks usually come later in the year when people actually start submitting their apps. Most schools outside of Texas have rolling admissions or early decision, so thats why you'll see more non Texans on these boards right now. Look at the old Texas threads, you'll see that they weren't created till the beginning of january 2009


Haha...Well that makes sense. I was starting to think that maybe there weren't many Texans in Pharm school😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I might end up taking it then, too. I didn't have much time to study for this particular date, but I figured two weeks without classes to bother me is better than trying in the middle of the Fall semester.


I wish I remembered about the PCAT earlier in the year. I had a lot on my plate so it didn't work out that way. I already started studying for Oct. date. Figured I have more than enough time to get prepared for it.
 
For Feik, make sure you have a good amount of volunteer time. It's a big thing for both UIW and the dean. I've heard rumors that the founding dean might be leaving after she graduates the first class, but those are just rumors. It would be sad to see her go because she is an awesome person. But, the person that I think would be replacing her is a top notch person in his own way. Good luck to you both and if you end up going to Feik delano, I'll be seeing you there most likely.
 
For Feik, make sure you have a good amount of volunteer time. It's a big thing for both UIW and the dean. I've heard rumors that the founding dean might be leaving after she graduates the first class, but those are just rumors. It would be sad to see her go because she is an awesome person. But, the person that I think would be replacing her is a top notch person in his own way. Good luck to you both and if you end up going to Feik delano, I'll be seeing you there most likely.


Yea I am actually doing my volunteering at a hospital affiliated with the school and have shadowed 2 pharmacists that are members of faculty there. I am actually going in to the hospital at 6 in the morning. Hope yo see ya there, even though I will be a P1 and you will be a P4
 
Yea I am actually doing my volunteering at a hospital affiliated with the school and have shadowed 2 pharmacists that are members of faculty there. I am actually going in to the hospital at 6 in the morning. Hope yo see ya there, even though I will be a P1 and you will be a P4

Not exactly. Take my situation as a very healthy piece of advice. Don't let life distract you. If you don't have a girlfriend/wife before you enter pharmacy school, don't try to get one. If you do have one, it's going to be rough for your relationship. My relationship of over 4 years ended after my first year and we went back and forth between staying apart and getting back together for the next year, which was last year. Last semester I really got distracted with it and ended up bombing enough classes that I have to go finish my bachelor's now. I'm not worried about my chances of getting back into the school because I know what I need to do to get back in and it is easily attainable.

My advice to you is, have fun going out with friends, but worry about a relationship later on. You're young and there is plenty of time to have relationships when all you have to worry about is going to work. I will hopefully get plugged into the class of 2013 and finish with them. So, you will be seeing me around the halls. I'm a member of APhA, I was the founding regent (president) for Kappa Psi, the largest pharmacy frat on campus, and I was one of the founding members of NCPA. I would have been an officer for them, but I already had enough on my plate and didn't want either position to suffer.
 
I forgot to ask, is the hospital you speak of Christus Santa Rosa (which campus is it, if it is) and which professors have you shadowed?
 
Not exactly. Take my situation as a very healthy piece of advice. Don't let life distract you. If you don't have a girlfriend/wife before you enter pharmacy school, don't try to get one. If you do have one, it's going to be rough for your relationship. My relationship of over 4 years ended after my first year and we went back and forth between staying apart and getting back together for the next year, which was last year. Last semester I really got distracted with it and ended up bombing enough classes that I have to go finish my bachelor's now. I'm not worried about my chances of getting back into the school because I know what I need to do to get back in and it is easily attainable.

My advice to you is, have fun going out with friends, but worry about a relationship later on. You're young and there is plenty of time to have relationships when all you have to worry about is going to work. I will hopefully get plugged into the class of 2013 and finish with them. So, you will be seeing me around the halls. I'm a member of APhA, I was the founding regent (president) for Kappa Psi, the largest pharmacy frat on campus, and I was one of the founding members of NCPA. I would have been an officer for them, but I already had enough on my plate and didn't want either position to suffer.


Man I know how that is. My ex and I had a pretty nasty break up in February of this year and I kinda lost focus for a bit and my GPA suffered because of it. I am not worried about getting in a relationship anytime soon. I was telling another member that I will not be marrying until after school is done with. But, if I do decide to get in a relationship it won't be exclusive and I will let it be known that school comes first. Thanks for the advice and hopefully you get back in the program. I am thinking of maybe joining that frat once I start. Would be nice.