Texas PT 2018-2019 wave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BTHOp.t.apps

Reaction score
Howdy! I haven't seen a thread for Texas PT apps this wave, just thought I'd kick it off. Feel free to post your stats, interviews, questions, updates, and overall moral support for everyone as we all wait on the edge of our seats for the next several months:thumbup: Good luck everyone!

Also if I could get feedback on my chances/where I stand, that would be great! Thanks!

Undergrad: Texas A&M University Cstat
Major: Biomedical Science
Minor: Psychology
cGPA: 3.55
preq GPA: 3.6- 3.75 (depending on the school)
GRE: 158 Q, 156 V, 5 AW

Obs hours: 550 as an outpatient tech, 40 inpatient acute, 40 home health, (20 orthopedic surgery)
Volunteer: 600 hours working with underserved kiddos, and 100+ working in other capacities (building medical units etc...)
LOR: 2 DPT's, 1 Anatomy professor
EC: leadership positions in a few on campus service orgs and one off campus service org, Intramural vb, job at Panera freshman year
Honors: a merit based scholarship from Texas Resources every year, and Dean's list

Schools: Texas State, TWU, UNT, Angelo State, UTMB, UTHSCSA, Texas Tech

PTCAS completed: 7/17, verified: 8/7

INTERVIEWS: Texas Tech 9/21 (offered 9/10)
ACCEPTANCES: Texas Tech (10/18)
WAITLISTS: TBD
REJECTIONS: UNT (9/28) UTMB (10/23)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just to have info all in one place:
I know that UNT and Tech have sent out interview invites for 9/21 and 9/28
if yall know of others pls add them so we can be as informed as possible!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys! Anyone else receive an offer from TWU? If so, does anyone have any info on how feasible it is for an out-of-stater to qualify for in-state tuition? Thanks!

Question for your Tech application, when explaining your justification for the order in which school you'd prefer, how did you explain?

I said that I had family in my top campus preference and that it would save money. The other two were based on distance from my home town. They said they would weigh your explanation in the campus placement and I know other people have extenuating circumstances, so be sure to articulate if you feel strongly!

Anyone hear anything from Texas Tech in October? I haven’t heard back from them since the initial email and I’m getting nervous!

Last edited:
Anyone hear anything from Texas Tech in October? I haven’t heard back from them since the initial email and I’m getting nervous!
When did you submit your application? I've been wondering the same thing.

When did you submit your application? I've been wondering the same thing.
I submitted in July and verified in August. I got an email saying it pass preliminary and went to the admissions board. Haven’t heard anything since! You?

I submitted in July and verified in August. I got an email saying it pass preliminary and went to the admissions board. Haven’t heard anything since! You?
I submitted and verified the first of September. I have only recieved an email saying that my applicaiton was recieved and is complete. I'm sure I won't hear anything tell later in October then, but it would be nice if it was sooner haha. I've never heard of that kind of email before, but I'm sure that it is a good sign towards an interview.

I submitted and verified the first of September. I have only recieved an email saying that my applicaiton was recieved and is complete. I'm sure I won't hear anything tell later in October then, but it would be nice if it was sooner haha. I've never heard of that kind of email before, but I'm sure that it is a good sign towards an interview.

I hope it’s a good sign! Fingers crossed!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Howdy! I haven't seen a thread for Texas PT apps this wave, just thought I'd kick it off. Feel free to post your stats, interviews, questions, updates, and overall moral support for everyone as we all wait on the edge of our seats for the next several months:thumbup: Good luck everyone!

Also if I could get feedback on my chances/where I stand, that would be great! Thanks!

Obs hours: 550 as an outpatient tech, 40 inpatient acute, 40 home health, (20 orthopedic surgery)
Volunteer: 600 hours working with underserved kiddos, and 100+ working in other capacities (building medical units etc...)
EC: leadership positions in a few on campus service orgs and one off campus service org, Intramural vb, job at Panera freshman year
Honors: a merit based scholarship from Texas Resources every year, and Dean's list

ACCEPTANCES: TBD
REJECTIONS: UNT (9/28)
your stats look great! I applied to TWU, UTMB, and UNT. Have not heard back from any of them:/

Reactions: 1 user
you applied to all of those too? and lol really? who said that!?

I applied to UNT, Texas Tech, and, UTMB. And I read it on here. Apparently it means your application in the running! I have a friend who applied to UNT who said they got a rejection letter already.

I applied to UNT, Texas Tech, and, UTMB. And I read it on here. Apparently it means your application in the running! I have a friend who applied to UNT who said they got a rejection letter already.
Have apps in to Angelo State, Texas Tech, and UTEP. No word yet on those. Got acceptance to USA Austin for Jan 2019.

I applied to Baylor, TTUHSC, UNT, Southwestern and UTMB. Got denied by UNT, got acceptance to Baylor, and TTUHSC and haven't heard anything from UTMB or Southwestern.

Last edited:
Was that the ED Tech app, or regular admission app?
I applied to Baylor, Texas Tech, UNT, and UTMB. Got denied by UNT, got acceptance to Baylor, app has moved to the admissions board at Tech and haven't heard anything from UTMB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last year when I applied regular admissions, Texas Tech didn’t say anything until mid October. TWU also didn’t say anything for regular admissions until December 5th and so on for acceptances and rejections or waitlists.

Last year when I applied regular admissions, Texas Tech didn’t say anything until mid October. TWU also didn’t say anything for regular admissions until December 5th and so on for acceptances and rejections or waitlists.

Thanks for the input!! When we’re your interviews?

Thanks for the input!! When we’re your interviews?
I got rejected by tech and made the alternate list for TWU Houston but never got a spot so I am reapplying this cycle. So I didn’t have any interviews lol. I have had an interview from Baylor last week and now waiting to hear something. And I also have an interview for Hardin Simmons for November.

when did you apply to twu for them to take so long!?

I got rejected by tech and made the alternate list for TWU Houston but never got a spot so I am reapplying this cycle. So I didn’t have any interviews lol. I have had an interview from Baylor last week and now waiting to hear something. And I also have an interview for Hardin Simmons for November.
Yo boss, I also have an interview with Hardin Simmons in November. What day did ya pick for the interview ?

Same here dude.
Do ya have any other interviews boss ?
I’ve only had an interview for Baylor. I’m waiting for Tech, TWU, Angelo, and El Paso. How about you?

I’ve only had an interview for Baylor. I’m waiting for Tech, TWU, Angelo, and El Paso. How about you?
I have an interview with UMHB in October, but I am waiting on decisions about my application with Tech, UNT, UTHSCSA, ASU, UTMB.
Have ya heard anything about Hardin-Simmons?

I have an interview with UMHB in October, but I am waiting on decisions about my application with Tech, UNT, UTHSCSA, ASU, UTMB.
Have ya heard anything about Hardin-Simmons?
That’s good! I know they had their early application interviews Sept 28, and I read they accept some ppl the day after the interview. And I’ve also read the interview is laid back according to last year.

That’s good! I know they had their early application interviews Sept 28, and I read they accept some ppl the day after the interview. And I’ve also read the interview is laid back according to last year.
Great news, man! I’m just looking forward to seeing how there new facility they just built. Is this your cycle this year ?

Same here man, just sucked it up last year on interviews for sure!

What are your top choices man ?
Lol I’m actually a girl but my top choices are Angelo, SA, and TWU but I’ll take whatever is given

Lol I’m actually a girl but my top choices are Angelo, SA, and TWU but I’ll take whatever is given
Haha my bad boss!! Yes, I am in the same boat too, I will take whatever school that will accept for sure.

Haha my bad boss!! Yes, I am in the same boat too, I will take whatever school that will accept for sure.
Did you get anything last year as far as interviews?

Did you get anything last year as far as interviews?
I had 2 interviews; Tech & UofSA@ Austin; that was it; so I am happy this year for an earlier interview at least haha.

I had an interview with UMHB Sept. 28th and heard back from them on Friday that I got accepted! Texas Tech is definitely my first choice but it is a huge relief knowing I got in somewhere!

I made the waitlist for Tech, but never got a call, made the waitlist at UofSA@Austin also. Blah haha
Well hopefully we both get some good news. The waiting game sucks

ACCEPTANCES: TBD
REJECTIONS: UNT (9/28)

I just got an interview for Tech on Oct 19. I was wondering how your experience was? Is it group or more one on one style? And I think I saw somewhere that there is a writing portion?

Congrats! Yeah so it was pretty laid back and they made me feel very comfortable, so I'd say it was positive. They gave an orientation presentation with refreshments, we got a tour of the facility, and then we were pulled for individual interviews. While we were waiting to be pulled we got to talk to some first and second years which was really cool. LOL no writing portion. Good Luck!

I just got an interview for Tech on Oct 19. I was wondering how your experience was? Is it group or more one on one style? And I think I saw somewhere that there is a writing portion?
Congrats!! Where is your interview and when did they invite you?