Texas PT 2018-2019 wave

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes sir, solid points to base your decision on man. I am fond of Tech, love their program especially with the musculoskeletal and neuromuscular classes, the partnerships with different clinics in and out of Texas, and how the students love their education, fond of their professors and the atmosphere of the eagerness to learn and be knowledgeable in what they will do as PT.
I agree, Tech is definitely my top choice right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I’m new to this forum but Tech is top of my list too. Do you know if they have already sent all their interview invites out? I haven’t gotten one from Tech and was just wondering if that meant I wouldn’t be getting one at all. It sounds like they interviewed pretty early.

Hey I’m new to this forum but Tech is top of my list too. Do you know if they have already sent all their interview invites out? I haven’t gotten one from Tech and was just wondering if that meant I wouldn’t be getting one at all. It sounds like they interviewed pretty early.
I am in the same situation!! Also waiting for UT Health San Antonio!!! Im getting anxious

Members don't see this ad :)
UTHSCSA should be sending out invites in the next couple of weeks. I got an email yesterday that they are trying to get interview invites out before Thanksgiving for interviews on Dec 7 and 8

Hey y'all! Has anyone heard from UNTHSC? I submitted my app and they received it a few months ago. If anyone heard back from the program, how long did it take them to review your app? Thanks and good luck to all of you!

Hey y'all! Has anyone heard from UNTHSC? I submitted my app and they received it a few months ago. If anyone heard back from the program, how long did it take them to review your app? Thanks and good luck to all of you!
I do know they are only having 2 interview sessions this year. They had one in Sept, and the other will be in Jan/Feb. So I'm sure they won't be sending out the second half of denial/interviews tell later this month into Dec. But it was about a month from when I submitted mine at the end of Aug to get the denial email from them. Hope this helps a little and good luck!

Thank you for this Texas thread. I'm looking in TX for my future school. My advisor sent me this Hardin-Simmons video so I'm sharing here.

UTHSCSA should be sending out invites in the next couple of weeks. I got an email yesterday that they are trying to get interview invites out before Thanksgiving for interviews on Dec 7 and 8
Awesome!!! Praying to get call

Congrats so did I! I'm curious, what made you pick Dallas over the Houston campus? I'm up in New Hampshire so I know very little about the area.

I actually live in Dallas so I would be able to commute (so saving money as much as possible lol)! But I have friends that go to both campuses, and heard great things about both!

Congrats so did I! I'm curious, what made you pick Dallas over the Houston campus? I'm up in New Hampshire so I know very little about the area.

congrats!!!!! If you don't mind me asking, what was your GRE score, prereq gpa, last 60 hours, and undergrad gpa?! want to see my chances are like!

Hi! So I applied late July and very beginning of August. I heard from San Antonio Aug 31 for interview, interview Sept 14, and offered acceptance Sept 20. For TWU, they don't do interviews so I was offered acceptance Sep 17. Texas Tech offered interview Sept 12. UIndy invite Oct 5, and UT Southwestern invite Oct 15.

Rough Stats:
GPA: 3.94; GRE V: 161 Q: 158 W: 5.0
Hours: 299 Outpatient (worked and shadowed); 86 Inpatient
Outpatient adult and peds; inpatient adult rehab and acute care; inpatient peds and burn unit; inpatient adult neuro; assisted and skilled nursing; special needs peds and peds hippotherapy; adult and peds aquatic therapy
Rec letters from 3 PTs (1 I worked under, 1 observed extensively, 1 inpatient neuro) and 1 professor (research professor and supervisor)

Let me know if there's any other stats you'd like to know!

congrats!! what was your last 60 hr gpa, prereq gpa, and undergrad gpa for TWU?

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a call from Mary-Beth today and was accepted into TWU-Houston!

Also got an email for an interview from UTHSCSA today. Interviews are Dec 7/8

Also got an email for an interview from UTHSCSA today. Interviews are Dec 7/8
Congrats and good luck !! Sounds like bad news for me I did not receive an email today. I hope they send more tomorrow!!!

I also got an interview email from SA but I’m gonna decline. I already am set with Baylor

I got my interview email this morning from UT health!!! For some reason I was not receiving their emails so I called and they confirm I got an interview!!! :)

I got my interview email this morning from UT health!!! For some reason I was not receiving their emails so I called and they confirm I got an interview!!! :)
Congrats!! I chose the Dec 7 8a-noon time slot. What about you?

What did you say/ who did you ask for?
I just called the admission office and asked for the current status of my application and the lady who answered said they had sent me an interview invite the day before but I didnt receive it so she resend it

I just called the admission office and asked for the current status of my application and the lady who answered said they had sent me an interview invite the day before but I didnt receive it so she resend it
Contemplating calling TTUHSC and UNT! Thanks!

Has anyone else officially decided on Tech yet? It would be nice to know some of my peers :)
Also my friend is interviewing on Friday and I'm curious to see if anyone has any ideas as to how full their seats are

Has UTMB started interviewing/sending acceptances yet?

Has anyone already interviewed at UTMB? I have an interview this Friday and was wondering how your experience was? Also any tips or advice about the process.

Has anyone else officially decided on Tech yet? It would be nice to know some of my peers :)
Also my friend is interviewing on Friday and I'm curious to see if anyone has any ideas as to how full their seats are
I have a friend who is interviewing this Friday in Amarillo!

Do you know how many interviews are left?

Along with a few other schools, I have applied to TWU and submitted my application in late July. I'm seeing from this forum that some people who applied much later and have been accepted. Similarly, a friend of mine who applied at the same time had been rejected in late October. I reached out to Marybeth who said I'm in the group for December decisions. Just unsure if anyone else has experienced this. Wondering if it means that they're trying to decide if I should be on the wait list or not?

GPA- undergrad as advertising major and business minor: 3.60
Pre-req GPA- 4.00
GRE: 157 V 154 Q 4.0 W
Hours when applied: Over 300 in general ortho outpatient, 80 in-patient rehab hospital, some aquatic therapy observation, & some sports medicine observation hours.

Applied:
TWU- dallas preferred, UTSW, UNT, TXST
Interviewed: UNT (9/21) TXST (11/30)
Rejected: none yet
Wait listed: none yet
Accepted: UNT

Along with a few other schools, I have applied to TWU and submitted my application in late July. I'm seeing from this forum that some people who applied much later and have been accepted. Similarly, a friend of mine who applied at the same time had been rejected in late October. I reached out to Marybeth who said I'm in the group for December decisions. Just unsure if anyone else has experienced this. Wondering if it means that they're trying to decide if I should be on the wait list or not?

Pre-req GPA- 4.00
Hours when applied: Over 300 in general ortho outpatient, 80 in-patient rehab hospital, some aquatic therapy observation, & some sports medicine observation hours.

Applied:

Pre-req GPA- 4.00

Applied:
Hey I also interviewed at Texas State on 11/30. How did it go for you? What do you think of the program? I'm still undecided between there and Texas Womens Uni.

Has anyone already interviewed at UTMB? I have an interview this Friday and was wondering how your experience was? Also any tips or advice about the process.
There will be an interview with one of our faculty, a case scenario, and a panel with a 2nd year student where you will review another case. Just relax and be yourself! All they want to see your passion for the field and your ability to communicate clearly. Be sure to have a couple of really good questions to ask them at the end of the interview. I believe this is an area where I really stood out. You'll get plenty of time to interact with our 1st and 2nd year students and they are willing to answer anything and everything you want to know about UTMB, Galveston, or PT school in general!

Hey I also interviewed at Texas State on 11/30. How did it go for you? What do you think of the program? I'm still undecided between there and Texas Womens Uni.

Hey I thought it went pretty well! After the first interview at UNT, I felt less nervous this time and had the clinical director as the interviewer and he was very casual and nice. I like the program and the brand new campus but I think I'd ultimately prefer to be in DFW. Which campus at TWU? Also when did you submit your app for TWU?

There will be an interview with one of our faculty, a case scenario, and a panel with a 2nd year student where you will review another case. Just relax and be yourself! All they want to see your passion for the field and your ability to communicate clearly. Be sure to have a couple of really good questions to ask them at the end of the interview. I believe this is an area where I really stood out. You'll get plenty of time to interact with our 1st and 2nd year students and they are willing to answer anything and everything you want to know about UTMB, Galveston, or PT school in general!
Thank you for the info! You can only get so much info about a program online so I'm excited to learn more about the it, get a feel for it and meet everyone. Was there anything in particular that made you choose UTMB over others?

Pre-req GPA- 4.00

Applied:

I think I am in the same situation as you are. I have applied to TWU late September and I haven't heard anything back yet. I called them yesterday and they told me that we will probably hear some news by the end of next week.

Hey I thought it went pretty well! After the first interview at UNT, I felt less nervous this time and had the clinical director as the interviewer and he was very casual and nice. I like the program and the brand new campus but I think I'd ultimately prefer to be in DFW. Which campus at TWU? Also when did you submit your app for TWU?
I submitted my application to TWU back in September but I also heard back from them really fast. I think I got accepted before the deadline for applications even passed. Mary beth mentioned I was part of early acceptance. I'm going to the Houston campus, actually just went and visited the campus on Saturday. Being from New Hampshire it was a great experience. The weather especially. Overall, TWU looks like a more rigorous program but that it will pay off by making you more prepared. I've basically narrowed it down to TWU or Texas State. Still undecided as I see benefits of each program.

I submitted my application to TWU back in September but I also heard back from them really fast. I think I got accepted before the deadline for applications even passed. Mary beth mentioned I was part of early acceptance. I'm going to the Houston campus, actually just went and visited the campus on Saturday. Being from New Hampshire it was a great experience. The weather especially. Overall, TWU looks like a more rigorous program but that it will pay off by making you more prepared. I've basically narrowed it down to TWU or Texas State. Still undecided as I see benefits of each program.

Glad you liked the campus and program. Hopefully you had more people there than when I visited on a Saturday. I think TWU and Texas State are both excellent programs.

Thank you for the info! You can only get so much info about a program online so I'm excited to learn more about the it, get a feel for it and meet everyone. Was there anything in particular that made you choose UTMB over others?
I loved the laid back atmosphere. There's so much to do on the island, which really helps to relieve stress. Intramurals are offered every semester and student life hosts a lot of events where you can get free t-shirts, food, prizes, etc. The school provides an endless amount of opportunities to participate in things like research, volunteering, or working in our pro bono clinic. Academic wise, the program had an extremely high pass rate on the NPTE (100% the last 2 years). During my interview, I could see how passionate the professor was about the school and its students. There's a real sense of family within the program and the professors do everything they can to help you if you're struggling. I felt as though it was the environment where I would be the most successful and I couldn't be happier with my decision to go to UTMB. I honestly believe that I would not have had as much fun during PT school if I had chosen another program. Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have!

I think I am in the same situation as you are. I have applied to TWU late September and I haven't heard anything back yet. I called them yesterday and they told me that we will probably hear some news by the end of next week.
Thanks for the heads up! I was assuming they would let us know at least around mid-December before all the holiday craziness. It's good to hear from someone in the same situation haha. Best of luck!

Gotcha, yeah that makes more sense if you were part of early acceptance. Yeah, Houston is a great city with a ton to do and lots of good food. From what I've heard from other students, I agree that TWU will probably be more rigorous. I think either would be great choices and you'd love the lifestyle of both Austin and Houston. I lived in Austin for 6 years and am itching to move back once school is over.

Just got the email I got into Texas State University! Now to decide between there and TWU

Reactions: 2 users