Texas Residency programs that accept comlex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

osteotitan

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know of any IM residency programs in Texas, besides the osteopathic ones, that accept the COMLEX in place of the USMLE?????????? i am wanting to place somewhere in Texas, preferably Houston, in IM and I am debating on whether to take the USMLE or not. Anyone input is appreciated!
 
Many do accept the COMLEX and there are those that won't hesitate to tell you they only accept the USMLE. What I did (for EM) is email the programs I was interested in and asked if they accepted the COMLEX. They were quick to get back with me. I think Texas overall is very DO friendly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I applied to emergency medicine so it may not be the same for internal especially since there are so many more IM residencies. I applied to Temple Scott and White, Houston, and El Paso. You might try Fort Worth b/c of the osteopathic school and the city is wonderful not to mention close to Dallas. Good luck.