Texas school applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where is everyone applying to in texas? Im applying to UIW, A&M kingsville, and Tech.

i'm applying to UH, TSU, A&M, Tech, and UT. would apply to UIW, but my grades are expired...

i'm assuming you're not applying to UH and UT b/c they are more competitive, but what about TSU?

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to UT, Tech, A&M Kings, UH.

I'm about to start my application process this week.

I'm done with my UH and A&M apps but I still have not mailed or turned them in. I don't really know why I'm still holding on to them, lol. I started my UIW application and was actually feeling pretty good about it until I came upon the part where they give you instructions on how to fill in the spreadsheet for your grade:eek:. And when I saw I needed to write a ps :eek: for them too I decided to just finish my physics hw first. For Tech, I still have to write my pharmacy experience essay and re-write my ps.

Members don't see this ad :)
its not about the competitiveness, its just if i cant live in SA and go to UIW then I would prefer to live in a small town just because i hate highways, well driving in general :D when i get my PCAT scores and if they are good enough i am going to apply at UT, i didnt know about TSU but i will have to look into that. I may also apply to OU since my cousin went there (she is now a pharmacist). whats with the grades expiring? i had not heard of that

i'm done with everything, but i just need to find a decent, professional-looking photo of myself before i can send it in. otherwise, i'm done with the whole application (minus one LOR).

Hahaha, you dun need to. Last year I just sent my high school photo with uniform~~~:rolleyes:

I am just soooo anxious to get my PCAT scores back.. its agony!!! Its only week two and I am already stalking my mailbox. Only good thing is today i got a letter in the mail saying that I am Magna Cum Laude, and i get to wear some extra tassels and sash on graduation day, so that was pretty cool! I havent finished any applications yet.. i tihnk i have gotten through half of them and just get bored and start playing on the computer or studying..I think i am just putting off the inevitable task of writing my personal statements, i am such a bad writer.. well maybe not bad just to fluffy (per my english teacher)

its not about the competitiveness, its just if i cant live in SA and go to UIW then I would prefer to live in a small town just because i hate highways, well driving in general :D when i get my PCAT scores and if they are good enough i am going to apply at UT, i didnt know about TSU but i will have to look into that. I may also apply to OU since my cousin went there (she is now a pharmacist). whats with the grades expiring? i had not heard of that

oh...yeah, courses taken 5 yrs or earlier won't be accepted by UIW or A&M, i just learned, so that's 2 schools i can't apply to now cause most of my prereq courses were taken in 2000 and 2001. good luck with everything!

Hahaha, you dun need to. Last year I just sent my high school photo with uniform~~~:rolleyes:

i have a picture, but it's just really bad quality, like kinda pixelated or fuzzy...but i may send it in anyway...thanks...

oh...yeah, courses taken 5 yrs or earlier won't be accepted by UIW or A&M, i just learned, so that's 2 schools i can't apply to now cause most of my prereq courses were taken in 2000 and 2001. good luck with everything!

I emailed A&M about the 5+ year problem. Basically, they told me that having a bachelor's is a waiver for old classes. If you'd have a BS or BA before pharmacy school started, then that would work.

Good Morning:
Thank you for your interest in Texas A&M Health Sciecne Center-Irma
Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy in regards to your email it is correct
we do not accept courses older than five (5) years unless you are
degreed. As long as you have a Bachelors or above we will accept course
work older than five (5) years. Please let me know if I may be of other
assistance.

I emailed A&M about the 5+ year problem. Basically, they told me that having a bachelor's is a waiver for old classes. If you'd have a BS or BA before pharmacy school started, then that would work.

Good Morning:
Thank you for your interest in Texas A&M Health Sciecne Center-Irma
Lerma Rangel College of Pharmacy in regards to your email it is correct
we do not accept courses older than five (5) years unless you are
degreed. As long as you have a Bachelors or above we will accept course
work older than five (5) years. Please let me know if I may be of other
assistance.

How long did it take them to reply to your email? and who did you address it to? I emailed them last Sunday and they have not responded yet.

How long did it take them to reply to your email? and who did you address it to? I emailed them last Sunday and they have not responded yet.

I sent it to Patricia Gonazlez (her address is on the FAQ page). When I emailed her and someone else at UT's pharmacy school back in May, they responded very quickly, within a day or two.

I emailed Tech and UIW in the past two months, but neither of them ever responded.

I have a few friends that are in their 1st year at Pharmacy school, and they took their pre reqs over 5 years ago, so are you sure about the five year rule for UIW?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have only applied to TSU. Unfortunately I shot myself in the leg by taking some classes that are not transferable. I only meet the criteria for one school. But I have already turned in my full app., turned it in about a couple of days after admissions opened. Can't complain, just try to do the best I can to get into TSU. good luck to all.

Hey guys,

If any of you need any questions answered over the Texas Tech process or Tech in general, I'd be more than happy to try and answer them. Good luck to all of you.

I sent it to Patricia Gonazlez (her address is on the FAQ page). When I emailed her and someone else at UT's pharmacy school back in May, they responded very quickly, within a day or two.

I emailed Tech and UIW in the past two months, but neither of them ever responded.

Ok, that was unclear. Patricia Gonzalez is at A&M. I was just saying that A&M and UT both responded to my questions within a day or two.

Ok, that was unclear. Patricia Gonzalez is at A&M. I was just saying that A&M and UT both responded to my questions within a day or two.

Thanks! I finally got a response from them (A&M) today.

I think I will turn in my applications this Friday for UH and A&M. After that, I'll work on my Tech and UIW applications.

Oh, happy Halloween everyone!:)

Happy Halloween, kinda late its almost over... some one at my school (UTSA)dressed up as Jack in the Box today.

everyone been busy lately? how is the app process going for everyone! i am putting of doing my personal statements until the end of the sememsters.

Good luck to UH applicants. PM any questions you might have, and I will answer when my time allows. I recieved a ton of help from SDN posters, and I will recipricate.:luck:

Go study dienophile, you've posted enough on here as it is let someone else help out eh? :D

Go study dienophile, you've posted enough on here as it is let someone else help out eh? :D

The more help the better. We need your guidance, guys.:D

Thank you for all the help. You guys are great!:)

The more help the better. We need your guidance, guys.:D

Thank you for all the help. You guys are great!:)

Haha, totally kidding on that post btw. He was always on here last year before we got into pharmacy school. The fact that you guys are on here in the first place shows how bad you want this and you should be proud for that. make sure to use the interview questions bank before you go in for your interviews everyone it made the process so cake. anything else lemme know. P1 year.......is fun? lol

UH updated my file on the same day since I hand-carried to them. Texas Tech received the LORs and PCAT score and posted them online too. A&M sent me an email regarding the missing classes so I know that they received it.

How long did A&M take to email you that they have your application already? I mailed my application to them on Friday with delivery confirmation and it was delivered to them on Nov 5th but I still have not receive any email from them. I realized that it may be too early for them to email me but I want to have an idea of how long it normally takes them to email people from the time they receive the apps. That way, I don't get paranoid too soon or too late.:laugh:

How long did A&M take to email you that they have your application already? I mailed my application to them on Friday with delivery confirmation and it was delivered to them on Nov 5th but I still have not receive any email from them. I realized that it may be too early for them to email me but I want to have an idea of how long it normally takes them to email people from the time they receive the apps. That way, I don't get paranoid too soon or too late.:laugh:

Man you guys are on the ball applying so early. I dint finish until like March or so haha. Anywayz yea it takes over 2 weeks with Kingsville or it did with me. When they do respond, however, they'll let you know exactly how you stand in regards to what ur missing etc. If ur gunna apply to Houston get that stuff in early cuz I know for a fact they have a huge preference for the earlier applications.

Man you guys are on the ball applying so early. I dint finish until like March or so haha. Anywayz yea it takes over 2 weeks with Kingsville or it did with me. When they do respond, however, they'll let you know exactly how you stand in regards to what ur missing etc. If ur gunna apply to Houston get that stuff in early cuz I know for a fact they have a huge preference for the earlier applications.

Thanks! I hope turning in my apps early will help me in securing that seat in pharmacy school.:)

I mailed the app. packet out on Tue and got their email on Fri, so it took about three days. I asked the receptionist if I need to do priority mail she said no coz the arrival time would be about the same. Man....you are way too early to get paranoid...:laugh:

P.S. Hey, any chances I can get the notes and first exams copy from you? If you are going to the 5th meeting tomorrow, I can meet you there~~I will PM you my cell. Appreciated.

And good luck on the third exam. Oh, are you gonna do the Econ extra credit? no for me.

Thanks! I hope turning in my apps early will help me in securing that seat in pharmacy school.:)

With your stats, I think you will definitely occupy one seat regardless of when you apply.:thumbup:

With your stats, I think you will definitely occupy one seat regardless of when you apply.:thumbup:

I can never be too sure until I get that acceptance letter.:)

Some days I feel I have a good chance but every now and then I get that crappy feeling that the adcoms would reject me for some reason or another.

I can never be too sure until I get that acceptance letter.:)

Some days I feel I have a good chance but every now and then I get that crappy feeling that the adcoms would reject me for some reason or another.

You are right. For UH, I will never know what applicants they are looking for.:( I knew a student with 3.9 GPA and 95+ PCAT didn't get in, but a international student with 3.3 UH GPA and 79 PCAT got accepted. And I am telling you, that international student is REAAAAAlly LAZY in every aspect coz I was in the same lab and lecture with him.:smuggrin: So I guess he did a good job during interview.

Im so getting powned in this pchem exam tomorrow lol

Im so getting powned in this pchem exam tomorrow lol

LOL. We have one tomorrow. Thank god I have a grade cushion in that class. We only have about 12 class days left this semester :laugh:.

Then it's 3.5 years and counting! :thumbup:

:scared: Hey has UH started interviews yet? Man ya'll applying early is nice, but u have to wait so longggg to hear back for your interview lol this sucks.

:scared: Hey has UH started interviews yet? Man ya'll applying early is nice, but u have to wait so longggg to hear back for your interview lol this sucks.

I don't think they will start interviewing people until January or February next year.

The wait is long but I'm glad that I'm done with my UH application. Plus, they are always stressing "apply early."

Hey guys, did you get any email from A&M informing you that they have your application already? I mailed my application two weeks ago and I still have not received any email from them :(. I'm starting to get worried. My friend says they don't send out emails but I'm not sure about that. Should I email them? I'm sure they are busy with all the applications and I don't want to unnecessarily disturb them. What do you think?

does any one in this thread go to UTSA or live in san antonio?

I have a question to all of you who are applying to several schools: When asking your professors for LOR do you give them the forms for each school? I am applying to 5 schools and I hate asking for LORs in the first place and then on top of it you have to ask your professor to fill out 5 different forms.... Any advice??

I have a question to all of you who are applying to several schools: When asking your professors for LOR do you give them the forms for each school? I am applying to 5 schools and I hate asking for LORs in the first place and then on top of it you have to ask your professor to fill out 5 different forms.... Any advice??

You might try prioritizing the letters by date. If they were told that one was needed soon, another two in a month, and the final two a month after that, then they might work on them in chunks and get them done sooner. Don't lie about dates, but try to make it sound more urgent. UH, for example, starts processing before their deadline.

When they feel that they have to do all five at once, they will to want to put it off longer.

Which school requires a picture?????

None of the Texas schools require a picture. I do know that at UT Austin, if you get an interview, they tell you to bring a picture.
Also, if you are applying to SWOSU in Oklahoma, they require a picture there.

Hey guys, did you get any email from A&M informing you that they have your application already? I mailed my application two weeks ago and I still have not received any email from them :(. I'm starting to get worried. My friend says they don't send out emails but I'm not sure about that. Should I email them? I'm sure they are busy with all the applications and I don't want to unnecessarily disturb them. What do you think?

I sent my application on 10-22-07 (just looked at the receipt from sending the mail).. and I received an e-mail from A&M saying they received my application plus they attached a credentials evaluation form on 10-25-07. I was really surprised they had already received and began processing the app. I live in Dallas so I don't think it would have taken that long to get there. If I were you..I would contact the school.

I sent my application on 10-22-07 (just looked at the receipt from sending the mail).. and I received an e-mail from A&M saying they received my application plus they attached a credentials evaluation form on 10-25-07. I was really surprised they had already received and began processing the app. I live in Dallas so I don't think it would have taken that long to get there. If I were you..I would contact the school.

Thanks. I finally got the email from them. I was worried about my application getting lost in the mail.

None of the Texas schools require a picture. I do know that at UT Austin, if you get an interview, they tell you to bring a picture.
Also, if you are applying to SWOSU in Oklahoma, they require a picture there.

TSU requires recent photo.

I walked my application over to A&M today... would have felt silly mailing it to them when i live in the dorm down the street. I'm curious as to whether or not they will email me to say they have received it even though I handed it to them personally... probably so.

Putting off mailing the Tech stuff until after Thanks.

One thing I've learned is that no matter how fast and excited you are about the application process, you are only as fast and excited as your laziest recommender or school registrar... or the school mail which adds like 3 days to everything.

Why I didn't apply to UT... I've seen two pharmacy schools with my own eyes... A&M and UT... A&M wins by a lot. Ive met the staff of these two schools as well... once again A&M wins (they actually care, very friendly, instant inspiration to succeed after talking to some of them, etc)

I have also met students from these two schools and... well... you guessed it... A&M wins...

Plus no parking garages, I'm already here and have friends, and in general... no Austin right?!?!

Just my thoughts.

P.S. UT application process is awful.

i agree w/ you on that I am not too hot about living in a big city other than SA

One thing I've learned is that no matter how fast and excited you are about the application process, you are only as fast and excited as your laziest recommender or school registrar... or the school mail which adds like 3 days to everything.

This is really starting to drive me crazy now. I'm starting to give up hope of people ever finishing my letters.

Well I got my scores today! I got an 82%, so I'm happy with that.... now i have to finish all my apps!

Well I got my scores today! I got an 82%, so I'm happy with that.... now i have to finish all my apps!

Has anyone finished UH application?
In section 3, there is a spot where we are asked about our background info, which askes for language proficiency. Do they mean our parents language proficiency? And my answer to that question looks a little informal like "My father completed....."

For the extracurricular activities, they ask which semesters were we involved in those activities, should we write each semester seperately or just write in the format..Fall 2004-Spring 2006?
Please let me know how you guys did these questions. Thank you! :luck:

Has anyone finished UH application?
In section 3, there is a spot where we are asked about our background info, which askes for language proficiency. Do they mean our parents language proficiency? And my answer to that question looks a little informal like "My father completed....."

For the extracurricular activities, they ask which semesters were we involved in those activities, should we write each semester seperately or just write in the format..Fall 2004-Spring 2006?
Please let me know how you guys did these questions. Thank you! :luck:

For section 3, I wrote about my family's educational background in the broadest sense; where I grew up. For language proficiency, I talked about my own (I don't know if they are interested in knowing your parents' mother tongue).

For extracurricular activities I wrote the beginning and end dates (just like above).

To the pharmacy students above, when do you guys think they will send out invitations for interviews?

To the pharmacy students above, when do you guys think they will send out invitations for interviews?
I'm thinking sometime after the first of the year (mid Jan. or so). I think that is when they started interviewing last year (I recived my invitation about 2 weks prior to interview day). A search could probably indicate when they started last year, and I would expect the process to stary anew along the same time frame. UHParmacist was the first one that I remember posting an acceptance for my class (most acceptances are sent out ~ 2 weeks after interview). I would search his old posts first.
They are already planning interviews for orientation chairs for the incoming class. But they have not spoken to us about voluteering as school ambassadors for interview days yet. Good luck all.:luck: