Texas Southern University C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mydream786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying here? Or has anyone applied in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

I have applied. The only thing left for me to do is submit my information packet.

Good luck!

chyea! anyone know what they upto and if they be sendin out interviewss?

Members don't see this ad :)
by information packet, do you mean like your application package or something?

Log in to the application and you will find information in the downloadable forms on the bottom left of menu. Gives you details about application.

I applied. Anyone knows when they will have interviews?

I just submitted my application packet yesterday. Does anyone have any idea what the stats for previous classes are? They're fairly covert when it comes to publishing data about PCAT and GPA...

I spoke to Linda Solis and she said Interviews are conducted from the end of Feb through April

I applied. Anyone knows when they will have interviews?

I spoke to Linda Solis and she said Interviews are conducted from the end of Feb through April

Once they receive your packet, you can check the status of your documents on the log-in site. It will not be complete until everything is submitted and "official".

You will receive an email from Ms. Davis, asking how you plan on completing missing courses for the program, if needed.

I just received this email today, and my friend received it yesterday. I will update with any additional info as it comes.

I just submitted my application packet yesterday. Does anyone have any idea what the stats for previous classes are? They're fairly covert when it comes to publishing data about PCAT and GPA...

yeah, i was wondering about the stats as well. Anyone know?

Anyone having trouble getting a hold of their offices? I always have to leave a voice message when I call and it takes them weeks to get back to me. I emailed them a question several weeks a go and still no response. Don't know if its just happening to me or if they are extremely busy with too many applicants?

I'm applying here as well. I checked my online application, and they just received my application packet yesterday. Does anybody know how long they will take to email me, about potential interview or anything else in regards to my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told that interview invites might not go out until later this month by a P4 student.

I submitted in november. just waiting on them to start sending out invites now =)

Anyone having trouble getting a hold of their offices? I always have to leave a voice message when I call and it takes them weeks to get back to me. I emailed them a question several weeks a go and still no response. Don't know if its just happening to me or if they are extremely busy with too many applicants?

i m currently a P1 here and best thing to do is to just go there personally and actually talk to them!!

I was told that interview invites might not go out until later this month by a P4 student.

tht's right...last yr interview started in late feb and ended in late april!! acceptance letter starts to go out from early may to mid late june

Don't be surprised, they are really slow in things!

i agree with u

Rxking, I have a question for u..

They received everything including my transcrips, photos, rec letters. But it still says incomplete online when i log in ? why is that?

Thanks..

Everything has to be official on your status online. In my case a while back, one of my transcripts said received, but unofficial. Ended up having to request for another transcript to be sent directly from the school to TSU.

Hope this helps!

TSU has been by far the worst school for application process.

What do you mean? Are you having trouble contacting them as well?

1) I requested 4 official transcripts sent to TSU before they marked the transcript official. Every other school (and pharmCAS) that received my transcripts did not have any problems. I used the address that I sent my packet to TSU (which they received) for my official transcripts and somehow they "never made it to TSU."
2) They do not reply to e-mails.
3) I found them to be rude when I called them about why my transcript was being marked unofficial.

Overall, it seems like the school doesn't care too much about prospective students.

1) I requested 4 official transcripts sent to TSU before they marked the transcript official. Every other school (and pharmCAS) that received my transcripts did not have any problems. I used the address that I sent my packet to TSU (which they received) for my official transcripts and somehow they "never made it to TSU."
2) They do not reply to e-mails.
3) I found them to be rude when I called them about why my transcript was being marked unofficial.

Overall, it seems like the school doesn't care too much about prospective students.

When I called they said they were a little backed up. So that could be it. Do you happen to know if any interview invites have been sent out?

When I called they said they were a little backed up. So that could be it. Do you happen to know if any interview invites have been sent out?

This was back during winter break. No, I have not heard of any interview invites. If they do invite me to an interview, I will decline.

THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST USELESS SCHOOL IN EXISTENCE
1. They are mannerless, if you try and call them you get belligerent admissions staff
2. They lack the ability to process information accurately/ efficiently
3. This is the first application i sent in (november) and had no update whatsoever, while i have been accepted to 4 schools i applied to after that.
If i do get an interview i plan to decline, even though i live in Houston. I will go out of state first before attending a school that does not even know how to maintain an admissions process. Just imaging how your time there would be

I concur, LOL I wonder how they still keep up with a positive accreditation status...smh

That is so strange. You'd think they'd have things set by now. Considering the pharmacy school has been established for a while. I still think its so weird that interview dates haven't gone out yet...Goodness!

I agree, they are a bit delayed in the application process each year, but I wouldn't decline anything based on that alone. I'm just hoping I get in somewhere :scared: *nervous*

THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST USELESS SCHOOL IN EXISTENCE
1. They are mannerless, if you try and call them you get belligerent admissions staff
2. They lack the ability to process information accurately/ efficiently
3. This is the first application i sent in (november) and had no update whatsoever, while i have been accepted to 4 schools i applied to after that.
If i do get an interview i plan to decline, even though i live in Houston. I will go out of state first before attending a school that does not even know how to maintain an admissions process. Just imaging how your time there would be

:thumbup:

If you're really desperate, TSU is the way to go. Every TSU pharmacy student I talked to didn't have anything positive to day about the school. All they would tell me is: "It doesn't matter where you go; a Pharm. D is a Pharm D." Right. It doesn't matter where you go at all. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
That is so strange. You'd think they'd have things set by now. Considering the pharmacy school has been established for a while. I still think its so weird that interview dates haven't gone out yet...Goodness!

lol, they probably take their time with the apps so that all the people that have TSU as their backup school don't waste their time

Is TSUs anyones first choice. I believe the school does not have a good reputation for a good reason. It seems like if one wanted to be a competent pharmacist and have a strong career this is not the school to choose. Like XSV said, and i have heard, the students just believe "a Pharm. D is a Pharm. D" honestly that is not the pharmacist i want.

Like XSV said, and i have heard, the students just believe "a Pharm. D is a Pharm. D" honestly that is not the pharmacist i want.

I strangely heard this a lot. :confused: But, you find them completing the pre pharmacy classes at the University of Houston.

Last edited:
I do, but only because I am only applying to one school. I took my pcat in Jan so i was real limited on the schools I could apply to because of that so I just stuck with TSU.

I do, but only because I am only applying to one school. I took my pcat in Jan so i was real limited on the schools I could apply to because of that so I just stuck with TSU.

I would apply next year if I were you.

I think we will be hearing back very soon. Good luck everyone! Its comforting knowing that my application is complete!

I think we will be hearing back very soon. Good luck everyone! Its comforting knowing that my application is complete!

did you call and ask? or are you just assuming?

I agree. TSU has been the worst school to deal with. I sent multiple official transcripts directly from the University to TSU and my application status remains inefficient due to not having an official transcript from UTA. I spent 60.00 (3 official transcripts from my previous University) and still my status remains the same. I would call to confirm if they have receive my transcripts and all I get is check your status online in a very rude manner. They say I have courses that I have yet to take but on my transcripts it clearly shows that have met all their requirements. I emailed them about this over a month ago and still no response...Good luck to anyone that is going there. I am very thankful to get accepted into Texas Tech as it was my first choice. I just can't believe how much money I spent on TSU.

I agree. TSU has been the worst school to deal with. I sent multiple official transcripts directly from the University to TSU and my application status remains inefficient due to not having an official transcript from UTA. I spent 60.00 (3 official transcripts from my previous University) and still my status remains the same. I would call to confirm if they have receive my transcripts and all I get is check your status online in a very rude manner. They say I have courses that I have yet to take but on my transcripts it clearly shows that have met all their requirements. I emailed them about this over a month ago and still no response...Good luck to anyone that is going there. I am very thankful to get accepted into Texas Tech as it was my first choice. I just can't believe how much money I spent on TSU.

I'll will most likely be attending Tech as well! I have already accepted.

I got a call from TSU today asking if I would be graduating this semester or not based on my transcripts. Anyone else get a call? Does anyone know what that means??

Not sure what it means, maybe they just wanted to know if you will have a degree before entering COP. Were they also concern with the classes you were missing from the pre-requisites?

Yeah, she asked if I was going to get a degree. I will be graduating with a BA in biology in May. The person who called me was from the transfer office, I think. I am really wondering if any interview invites have gone out yet, I mean, it's going to be March tomorrow!!

if it was from transfer office then its probably regarding the TSU application and not the pharmacy school application.

if it was from transfer office then its probably regarding the TSU application and not the pharmacy school application.

I received an acceptance e-mail from TSU (not the COP) a few days ago.