Texas Southern University Pharmacy Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MM91

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have an interview coming up at TSU.... I'm kind of panicking lol.. just wish to ask the pharmacy students at tsu and other schools what I should prepare for? Any hints, ideas, type of questions they ask or anything will be helpful please

Members don't see this ad.

why pharmacy why tsu etc. Discuss why tsu is a fit for you why houston etc
Didnt attend there but many of my colleagues did! A popular program!

Reactions: 1 user
why pharmacy why tsu etc. Discuss why tsu is a fit for you why houston etc
Didnt attend there but many of my colleagues did! A popular program!
Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys, I have an interview coming up at TSU.... I'm kind of panicking lol.. just wish to ask the pharmacy students at tsu and other schools what I should prepare for? Any hints, ideas, type of questions they ask or anything will be helpful please

Hi I have a inteview coming up. How did it go? Any tips?

Hi I have a inteview coming up. How did it go? Any tips?
It was pretty easy. Just be courageous, relax and try to make it fun.. know why tsu, why pharmacy and all that...had some ethics questions. Dress properly.. I (everyone else there) had a suit on... the change I noticed was that there was no essay writing and math like before

i have a question, i got accepted as provisional admission offer after my interview, but the question is i don't know how i got in, my gpa is not above 3.00.
and i got an email saying that
The following will void your admission to the Professional Program for the fall 2017 Admission’s period:
  • failure to complete all pre-pharmacy coursework by Spring 2017 or Summer I 2017 if enrolled in classes;
  • failure to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00;
  • failure to complete all Pre-Pharmacy requirements in the required period with a passing grade of C or better (Please note that C-, D+, D-, D and F are non-passing grades);
how the **** did i get accepted then?? they supposed not give me a chance to get int at all when my gpa is not good. because my gpa is not close to 3.00 and even after this semester and summer course i won't get to 3.0. do yall think my acceptance will avoid? all my pre pharm requirment is above C or better. give me some opinion or let me know if this happens to you. i need your help.
btw i don't want to ask admission people because i feel like they will reject me.

It may be other factors involved what was your pcat score?? extracurricular activities, recommendations, work experience, etc...
i have a question, i got accepted as provisional admission offer after my interview, but the question is i don't know how i got in, my gpa is not above 3.00.
The following will void your admission to the Professional Program for the fall 2017 Admission’s period:
  • failure to complete all pre-pharmacy coursework by Spring 2017 or Summer I 2017 if enrolled in classes;
  • failure to complete all Pre-Pharmacy requirements in the required period with a passing grade of C or better (Please note that C-, D+, D-, D and F are non-passing grades);
how the **** did i get accepted then?? they supposed not give me a chance to get int at all when my gpa is not good. because my gpa is not close to 3.00 and even after this semester and summer course i won't get to 3.0. do yall think my acceptance will avoid? all my pre pharm requirment is above C or better. give me some opinion or let me know if this happens to you. i need your help.
btw i don't want to ask admission people because i feel like they will reject me.
It

Uhhh, it's probably because TSU is the worst school in the state.

But, they do take other factors into consideration.
There was a guy that even got accepted to UT in 2007 or 08 with a 2.2 GPA.

They must be desperate to fill their seats. If it sounds too good to be true that they have accepted you without even meeting the minimum requirements then it is.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

They might be talking about keeping your pre-req GPA above a 3