Texas Southern University - TSU 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i have a question, i got accepted as provisional admission offer after my interview, but the question is i don't know how i got in, my gpa is not above 3.00.
and i got an email saying that
The following will void your admission to the Professional Program for the fall 2017 Admission’s period:
  • failure to complete all pre-pharmacy coursework by Spring 2017 or Summer I 2017 if enrolled in classes;
  • failure to maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.00;
  • failure to complete all Pre-Pharmacy requirements in the required period with a passing grade of C or better (Please note that C-, D+, D-, D and F are non-passing grades
  • adverse information that is found in a criminal history background and/or drug screen may result in the withdrawal of the applicant’s offer of admission or dismissal from the program;
how the **** did i get accepted then?? they supposed not give me a chance to get int at all when my gpa is not good. because my gpa is not close to 3.00 and even after this semester and summer course i won't get to 3.0. do yall think my acceptance will avoid? all my pre pharm requirment is above C or better. give me some opinion or let me know if this happens to you. i need your help.
btw i don't want to ask admission people because i feel like they will reject me.

I Saw a post about i just need to take the summer class that offer by TSU starting July, is that true? or Do i still need 3.0 gpa?

Just my personal guess, maybe your gpa is lower than 3.0 but as u said, all pre pharm classes you got higher than C. So the chance is they counts only those pre pharm classes to calculate your GPA and in this case, you r still in good shape. But nothing we know for sure, the only way to figure it out correctly is asking them directly LoL. Just ask Ms Davis, maybe she can answer you comfortably about this issue.

Members don't see this ad.

P.S they have lists of their own pre requisite classes, just calculate GPA on those classes only and see what is your gpa in this case is

Just my personal guess, maybe your gpa is lower than 3.0 but as u said, all pre pharm classes you got higher than C. So the chance is they counts only those pre pharm classes to calculate your GPA and in this case, you r still in good shape. But nothing we know for sure, the only way to figure it out correctly is asking them directly LoL. Just ask Ms Davis, maybe she can answer you comfortably about this issue.
okay! thank you so much

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually took some classes again (repeat) and good thing they are taking the most recent one, which makes my gpa up to 3.20.
i think you are right. and ill probably ask Ms. Davis later. but thank you for your help!

I actually took some classes again (repeat) and good thing they are taking the most recent one, which makes my gpa up to 3.20.
i think you are right. and ill probably ask Ms. Davis later. but thank you for your help!

They normally accept the C or higher. Since they calculated the repeat as part of your GPA, and your GPA is higher then a 3.00 that is why you are accepted. It says it on the website. CHeck out the website.

Hi, does anybody file the fafsa for summer academy? Since I already filed the fafsa for 2016-2017 at my community college and uses it, I don't know if I'm still eligible for receiving it for summer academy? I was calling financial aid office, but I'm still confused. I really appreciate any experiences from you all.

I haven't...They said May but May is almost over...just waiting for whenever it comes
last time i emailed her, she said she was out of office bc she was sick, and she told me she will send out the package one May 22nd. i guess we will just need to wait until she send us the package. because i emailed her 5/30 but i haven't receive any email from her yet

Members don't see this ad :)
still not here yet,,,,
so what's in the package? any information that you can share with me? and any important dates?
it basically includes an acceptance letter telling you the remainder things you must complete to stay accepted, list of vaccines, technical stuff that you'll sign and bring on july 10th, and then the summer academy schedule is also included. btw i hope you all did the applytexas application by now, because that was also mentioned in the letter.

it basically includes an acceptance letter telling you the remainder things you must complete to stay accepted, list of vaccines, technical stuff that you'll sign and bring on july 10th, and then the summer academy schedule is also included. btw i hope you all did the applytexas application by now, because that was also mentioned in the letter.

what is she taking so long for my package.... seriously... she better mail it to me soon or i will not even able to complete my vaccine form and other stuff that i need to sign... other school probably finished sending their stuffs out already except TSU... wow. i am so disappoint about it....

i guess i have to wait one more week, then email her again on july 3rd or something...

Start working on the castle branch list, don't wait for the package. There is nothing new actually except date for white coat ceremony. Some items in castle branch related to TsU, dont worry about it for now

Start working on the castle branch list, don't wait for the package. There is nothing new actually except date for white coat ceremony. Some items in castle branch related to TsU, dont worry about it for now
Yeah... I am almost done with my castle branch. Just waiting on my titers and I'll be done.

what is she taking so long for my package.... seriously... she better mail it to me soon or i will not even able to complete my vaccine form and other stuff that i need to sign... other school probably finished sending their stuffs out already except TSU... wow. i am so disappoint about it....
Did you not get a second email( after the acceptance email) which directed you on what to do? Which vaccines to take and all that? Basically castle branch???

Did you not get a second email( after the acceptance email) which directed you on what to do? Which vaccines to take and all that? Basically castle branch???
i did get it, and she told me not to worry about the vaccines and stuff, she told me only do background check and drug test. then i asked her what to do with vaccines, she said don't worry about it.

Yeah... I am almost done with my castle branch. Just waiting on my titers and I'll be done.

i live in houston, Humble area. since yall tell me about to start castle branch, i am getting my info together.

so I was wondering, is the new student orientation thing required for us too, or just freshman in general? also, anyone know if we need bacterial meningitis vaccine? thanks guys! i just feel like I'm forgetting to do something important!!!

so I was wondering, is the new student orientation thing required for us too, or just freshman in general? also, anyone know if we need bacterial meningitis vaccine? thanks guys! i just feel like I'm forgetting to do something important!!!
i haven't receive the package yet, but what i know, new student orientation is for undergrade. and i don't know about meningitis vaccine

i haven't receive the package yet, but what i know, new student orientation is for undergrade. and i don't know about meningitis vaccine

You should contact Mrs. Davis and ask her again. Because the packet indicated that you must bring the packet on the first day of Summer Academy.

You should contact Mrs. Davis and ask her again. Because the packet indicated that you must bring the packet on the first day of Summer Academy.
i even tried to see her last Friday, but the front desk lady said she is busy i cannot even see her, and she will tell whatever message. ill just call her now

i even tried to see her last Friday, but the front desk lady said she is busy i cannot even see her, and she will tell whatever message. ill just call her now

She wont meet anyone in person. Email is the only way to reach her.

Btw, we have a fb group: search for tsu college of pharmacy class of 2021

What does it say on the package? is there any disadvantage or problem if i don't bring the package on the first of summer academy?

Basically, there is nothing I can do except just keep emailing to her. If I don't get anything I'll just show up to 7/10 and ask her.
the only reason I did not get it because I moved... (but I already told her about moving)

Does anyone know what the schedule for summer academy is?

Does anyone know what the schedule for summer academy is?

Mon- Thurs 9-12 from July 10th to August 3rd. They did send an email to everyone, check again if you didnt see it

Reactions: 1 user
Look forward to seeing you youngbloods suffer this semester like I did :shifty: