Texas Tech applicants 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know what you mean. I'm the type of guy that pays for something and wants it right there and then. Especially when it's a new toy :D

P.S.- A little late, but good luck to those of you that interview(ed) today!

thanks! it wasn't as bad as i thought it would have been :)

Members don't see this ad.

just a heads up. i called them on friday and they said they sent out letters on thursday so people should be getting them on friday saturday and monday. statuses will be updated on monday!

good luck to everyone!

I know someone who got their acceptance letter yesterday. I believe she interviewed on 3/16

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so excited! I had given up hope that I would get an interview invite this year. But at 10:19pm tonight I got an interview invite!

I'll be interviewing on Friday, April 24th. Anyone else going to be there?

I can't believe it! I'm soooo excited! Hope there are still spots left!

And TTUMike, Congrats on getting in! I'm so excited for you! Congrats!

I'm so excited! I had given up hope that I would get an interview invite this year. But at 10:19pm tonight I got an interview invite!

Congrats on the invite! I just interviewed on the 10th and was told that 110 out of 130 acceptances have been sent out. Best of luck to the rest of us :luck:

Congrats on the invite! I just interviewed on the 10th and was told that 110 out of 130 acceptances have been sent out. Best of luck to the rest of us :luck:

Well, I work well under pressure...so this should bring out the best in me!!! :)

Ohhh, I REALLY want to get in this year!!!!!

There have been 110 people that have officially accepted? Or just 110 acceptance letters have been sent out?

I just want to give hope to those still waiting to interview or waiting to hear back for acceptance. I was sent a letter, but declined admission, so that means it would only be at least 109 :D

Best of luck to those still waiting!

I'm pretty sure 110 is the number of letters sent out, not the number that have accepted... so keep your hopes up!

Congratulations!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but did you guys wear suits to your interview at Tech? I can't afford one right now and I felt slightly out of place in an old blazer, dress shirt and slacks (without dress shoes) during my A&M interview. Am I going to sorely stick out here? Also, do I need to bring anything with me? I can't find the interview information on the site. I remember something about vaccinations or some such thing.

Last edited:
IM IN. wooo hooo i think i got an anxiety attack. i can finally fall asleep woo hoo....YAY

Sorry if this has been asked before, but did you guys wear suits to your interview at Tech? I can't afford one right now and I felt slightly out of place in an old blazer, dress shirt and slacks (without dress shoes) during my A&M interview. Am I going to sorely stick out here? Also, do I need to bring anything with me? I can't find the interview information on the site. I remember something about vaccinations or some such thing.

Here is the website with the interview information: www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/invitedforinterview.aspx. You do have to turn in your vaccinations but if you don't have all of them completed you can send them in after your interview. But make sure you have them sent as soon as possible because the admissions committee do not sent out your acceptance letter unless you have all the forms sent to them. And the issue about the suit.. there were 2 people out of the 17 who did not wear suits to the interview on the 10th. A guy wore a black long sleve vest with a white collar shirt inside. Another girl just wore a long sleeve white shirt with a black belt around her waist. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
There have been 110 people that have officially accepted? Or just 110 acceptance letters have been sent out?

I just want to give hope to those still waiting to interview or waiting to hear back for acceptance. I was sent a letter, but declined admission, so that means it would only be at least 109 :D

Best of luck to those still waiting!

I believe 110 acceptances have been sent.
Still hopeful :xf::xf::xf:

You could always buy a suit at a store right before the interview and return it after the interview. I know it is a little unethical, but my friend did that when she went to her med school interview. Just a suggestion.

In my interview last year (P1 in Abilene now), every single guy except one wore a suit. I'd really suggest at least borrowing a suit for your interview.

I did NOT wear a suit and got in this year. I know another guy that didn't wear a suit either and he got in too. I don't think they care about suits/dresses as long as you look professional. Slacks and a dress shirt (with a tie) will be fine, so save your money.

I didn't wear a suit and I got in. I just wore a decent shirt, tie, and pair of slacks. I figured it would get pretty hot as the interview day went on, so why bother with a full suit when I was going to take the jacket off anyways?

I guess I stand corrected. :) I just assumed most people would wear suits since that's what my interview day looked like and it's what I saw the other interviewees this year wearing. Whatever you choose, good luck and congrats to every else who was accepted.

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard anything about the interviewees from 4/10 yet?? Under my status, it shows there is no information at this time and that I should check back later, or something. Does anyone else see this when they log in? This wait just sucks! :p

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard anything about the interviewees from 4/10 yet?? Under my status, it shows there is no information at this time and that I should check back later, or something. Does anyone else see this when they log in? This wait just sucks! :p

My status says the same thing. During the 4/10 interview, Mike told us that we should hear from Tech by the end of the month. They are waiting to conduct the 4/24 interviews. Afterwards, the ad com will gather together and send out acceptances. I sure hope I'll be hearing from them by then :luck:

I only got the option of april 10, and april 17. Did they add another interview date??

I only got the option of april 10, and april 17. Did they add another interview date??

Did you interview in Abilene or Amarillo? My options for interviewing in Amarillo were the 17th or 24th. I chose the 24th.

Does anyone know if there is still a chance to be accepted if a student interviewed with the early admissions but has yet to be offered a place? Also does anyone have any idea how many seats are still available since Tech has added an additional interview date.

Thanks

i was just wondering if anyone has received any details about their financial aid yet? it looks like I've been awarded a grant...not a very big one at that, but it's okay...i still need loans and I was wondering if anyone has received any student loan information yet?

I received my student loans and a grant. Apparently we won't know about scholarships until June.

Did you interview in Abilene or Amarillo? My options for interviewing in Amarillo were the 17th or 24th. I chose the 24th.

WestTXisgr8, since you went to the last interview date... can I ask whether they mentioned anything about sending out any acceptance letters for the April interview dates or if they've sent out any more letters? :)

I received my student loans and a grant. Apparently we won't know about scholarships until June.
I only saw an option to accept a grant, but not any student loans. I wonder if they just don't have all the info yet. I'll just call them because I need to ask them about my EFC. FAFSA says we can afford $25,652 apparently, which is ridiculous since I won't be working and my husband makes maybe $38,000.

I only saw an option to accept a grant, but not any student loans. I wonder if they just don't have all the info yet. I'll just call them because I need to ask them about my EFC. FAFSA says we can afford $25,652 apparently, which is ridiculous since I won't be working and my husband makes maybe $38,000.

Yeah I would venture to say that your EFC is inflated. That might be worthy of making a correction on your FAFSA and resubmitting. With an EFC at $25,652 you could expect to be awarded $11,000 based on your need. If I were you I would call Mia and see what her professional opinion would be.

Yeah I would venture to say that your EFC is inflated. That might be worthy of making a correction on your FAFSA and resubmitting. With an EFC at $25,652 you could expect to be awarded $11,000 based on your need. If I were you I would call Mia and see what her professional opinion would be.
yeah...thanks I will do that.

WestTXisgr8, since you went to the last interview date... can I ask whether they mentioned anything about sending out any acceptance letters for the April interview dates or if they've sent out any more letters? :)

Yes, they did mention this. They said between all the people who interviewed in April, and all the rolling applicants still in the que, that there are 110 applicants left for them to consider (that have not yet been notified of status). They are meeting Monday (today) and filling the rest of the available slots, which are about 21 to 22 slots.

They said they will mail letters on Wed. They said they will mail out 65 declines, and the 21 or 22 acceptance letters. Everyone else will be on the waiting list.

Our online status will be updated Monday May 4th, because they want the letters to be able to get to us first. So we don't have long to wait. By the end of this week we should ALL know if we are accepted, declined, or wait-listed.

This is what they told us on Friday. Good luck to us all!

Last edited:
Did you guys get your award info in the mail or see it online somewhere? I tried to look at it in Web Raider but it says "this page not enabled for current user roles." I haven't heard anything yet about award info. Thanks.

hey everyone - i know that tech wanted us to do the background check asap but i am waiting to hear back from uhcop before i do (uh is my first choice school and the background check is 40 bucks i can save if accepted at uh).. do you think this is a bad idea, or should i go ahead and get all my stuff in to tech now? does anyone know of a deadline for it, that they could revoke my admission if i didn't submit it in time?

Yes, they did mention this. They said between all the people who interviewed in April, and all the rolling applicants still in the que, that there are 110 applicants left for them to consider (that have not yet been notified of status). They are meeting Monday (today) and filling the rest of the available slots, which are about 21 to 22 slots.

They said they will mail letters on Wed. They said they will mail out 65 declines, and the 21 or 22 acceptance letters. Everyone else will be on the waiting list.

Our online status will be updated Monday May 4th, because they want the letters to be able to get to us first. So we don't have long to wait. By the end of this week we should ALL know if we are accepted, declined, or wait-listed.

This is what they told us on Friday. Good luck to us all!

thanks! i'm so nervous! good luck to the rest of us :) :luck: :xf:

Did you guys get your award info in the mail or see it online somewhere? I tried to look at it in Web Raider but it says "this page not enabled for current user roles." I haven't heard anything yet about award info. Thanks.
it was on web raider, mine did not show the page for a while either

When did you submit your FAFSA? I submitted mine in March which is probably why I heard back so soon.

When did you submit your FAFSA? I submitted mine in March which is probably why I heard back so soon.

Hmm.. I submitted mine in February, but I wasn't accepted until March, so maybe they go in order of when you are accepted, assuming FAFSA is in. I guess I'll have to call them soon if I don't hear anything.

it was on web raider, mine did not show the page for a while either

Thanks, I guess I'll keep waiting then.

Are we supposed to get a packet or anything after we send the placement fee? I sent mine about a month ago and I know they got it because the check cleared... just starting to get a little anxious now, since I haven't heard anything from them since I got the acceptance letter...

I think after they received the placement fee, your status on merlin would change to something like " accepted, and fee received".
About the web raider account, I have trouble opening it too. I was able to see the information before this monday now I can't view any of my financial information==
I think you can try to go down to student service (on mytech tab) and select any of these option (ex. view holds), it would open up a new page. If there is a financial aid tab, click the option multiple times the financial information might just show up. It worked before. I called the office about this too, it appears that the web page itself has some problems.

I haven't received anything from tech since the acceptance letter, have anyone received anything?

Last year, from what I can remember, you will not receive any "packet". Any news or updates will come by email. If you haven't set up your TTUHSC email yet you need to do so immediately. You will still receive emails to your alternate accounts (i.e. yahoo, hotmail, etc.) for a while but in time they will only correspond to you from the TTUHSC account as it is considered safe and will not contain viruses.

Until you begin receiving emails you can go ahead and order the laptop which may take 4 weeks for the school to receive it and then several weeks after that for the IT guys to load all of your software at which point you may pick up your laptop. Also, if you do not live in Amarillo it is a good idea to look at the apartments ahead of time....I have heard horror stories about some of the apartments. I am sure that you could email any of the students here and they would be as helpful as possible. Usually our emails are our [email protected]. For example, if you remember your interviewers name you could give this a try using their name and they would be happy to help you through this exciting and anxious time. As for me, I looked for an apartment in early June and found that very few had an one available in the price range I was looking for but looking early helped.

Next, I would suggest that the first week of June, and not any sooner than this, you get your Tb test done because heaven forbid it comes out positive you may have to do additional testing so don't wait until the last minute. Also, your tetanus shot must be current, and by this I mean it must have been within the last 10 years. If it will expire during your first year then get it done this summer, otherwise Sharon Harrison will send you some errr...nice emails stating you will be dropped from your classes tomorrow if you do not get this done. Your flu vaccine will be given to you, free of charge, during your clinical immunizations class the first semester so don't worry too much about this one.

Until then keep your eyes peeled here: http://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/current/bootcamp/ (hopefully the link stays active). In time the bootcamp itinerary will be an accessible link in which you will know the exact date your semester will begin. This will be the first or second week of August. Until then, get your student loans worked out. Once you get the laptop paid for and filling out student loan paperwork completed then it is time to sit back and relax. In time you will receive emails regarding how to buy lab jackets, where to send in the money for parking permits, and what books to buy (which I recommend only buying the Anatomy book if you feel so inclined, but trust me, what you need to know you will be given by the professors in notes and what you want to know more about you can find online). The hard part is over...the hardest part is about to begin. Good luck and enjoy your summer!

I know this is off topic but Id just like to say a certain BIOL 1403+1404 professor made my life a living hell at Tech lol

I know this is off topic but Id just like to say a certain BIOL 1403+1404 professor made my life a living hell at Tech lol

That's like complaining that the sky is blue or that your car started this morning. It is an inevitability....a part of life. If a professor has never made you mad or if you've never felt they were unfair to you then you haven't been in college long enough. If you think it gets any better in professional school then you will be in for a serious disappointment. Learn to pick your battles because you will realize that you will most likely lose the argument everytime. In the long run, it won't matter.

Anybody heard any news from TTU? I checked my mail this morning. Nothing. Drat! I won't be able to check my mail tomorrow until the evening. Just wondering if anybody heard anything.

Anybody heard any news from TTU? I checked my mail this morning. Nothing. Drat! I won't be able to check my mail tomorrow until the evening. Just wondering if anybody heard anything.

nothing in my mail :(

Hey guys, I called them yesterday and the lady there said they are mailing the letters today. So mostly likely you won't get the letter till Saturday or Monday depending on where you live. I'm so nervous! Good luck to everyone! :luck:

I got nothing in the mail today either. :(

I'll check back with you guys tomorrow.

Hey guys, I called them yesterday and the lady there said they are mailing the letters today. So mostly likely you won't get the letter till Saturday or Monday depending on where you live. I'm so nervous! Good luck to everyone! :luck:
They send emails too, no?

They send emails too, no?

To my knowledge, no.
They will update our status in Merlin sometime next week though - after the letters have had a chance to arrive.