Texas Tech applicants 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just making sure the thread is up near the top so I don't have to scroll down when I visit the SDN forum =D
ah...i see. I wish I could be home so I can stand watch at the mailbox today. :( Unfortunately, I can't. So..if anyone happens to get to their mailboxes today before I do...please let me know! That I way I can at least hope that I have something to look forward to when I get home!

haha i told my family to not tell me if i get anything....i want to be truly surprised :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview tomorrow on 03/27 is canceled due to snow.

I hope I can get a return on airtickets, hotel, and car rental. I'm pretty sure that isn't possible b/c i bought them from orbitz :(

Interview tomorrow on 03/27 is canceled due to snow.

I hope I can get a return on airtickets, hotel, and car rental. I'm pretty sure that isn't possible b/c i bought them from orbitz :(

That is no good! Orbitz may let you change the date of your flight to a later day with a minimal fee. It would be better than just canceling.

Hey guys, I got some good news!!
My boyfriend and his friend, who are both P1s there, went to go ask Mike S. about the letters. They're going to send them out today and update the Merlin statuses on Monday!!!!

Good luck to everyone!! ^_^

My boyfriend and his friend, who are both P1s there, went to go ask Mike S. about the letters. They're going to send them out today and update the Merlin statuses on Monday!!!!

oh man...I thought they've already sent them out and it's going to be at my mailbox today! :rolleyes: Oh well...maybe Satuday? Do they send them out regular mail? Or is there any possibilty it will get here tomorrow? ;)

I think it's just regular mail, but I'm not very sure. Yea, the letters should come Sat. and Mon. Hey RntoPharm, we should take a break off of sdn tomorrow =)

What?! That's not good news!
but then again, I guess bad news is better than no news.

FYI, the post office is less than a mile from the school. I'm going to do an experiment today, I'll mail myself a postcard from that office, and update when it arrives-if its before monday that is.

That is no good! Orbitz may let you change the date of your flight to a later day with a minimal fee. It would be better than just canceling.

My airplane ticket was $156 and re-booking fee is $170. I hate wasting money :(

I think it's just regular mail, but I'm not very sure. Yea, the letters should come Sat. and Mon. Hey RntoPharm, we should take a break off of sdn tomorrow =)

Yes, i agree. I'm off tomorrow so I'm going to do lots of errands to keep myself busy. My house has been neglected this past week. Plus, I have a test on Biochem coming up. :eek: I will have to check the threads for UT though. :)

FYI, the post office is less than a mile from the school. I'm going to do an experiment today, I'll mail myself a postcard from that office, and update when it arrives-if its before monday that is.
ha ha ha! That's hardcore!

Thanks for the info though.

If they were sent today then everyone should receive them by Saturday. At least that is how long it took for the first letters to reach my mailbox in Fort Worth. Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
You're funny Rusted. It'll prob come to you in one day, haha :D
It's good news because at least you know when to expect the letter.

I had an interview at Fike SOP while waiting for TT. I initally thought I wouldn't even have to go until I heard something from TT. I'm not taking any chances though so I went. I heard from them on tuesday of last week, and was there for the interview on friday. I was suprisingly impressed with their new building and also the area the school is located. Seriously, I was VERY impressed b/c I had a very different impression before I went. So, I guess I'm grateful for the delay because I would't have spent the money and given myself the opportunity to see Fike had I heard good news from TT before I was invited for the Fike interview.

I had an interview at Fike SOP while waiting for TT. I initally thought I wouldn't even have to go until I heard something from TT. I'm not taking any chances though so I went. I heard from them on tuesday of last week, and was there for the interview on friday. I was suprisingly impressed with their new building and also the area the school is located. Seriously, I was VERY impressed b/c I had a very different impression before I went. So, I guess I'm grateful for the delay because I would't have spent the money and given myself the opportunity to see Fike had I heard good news from TT before I was invited for the Fike interview.
Did you interview on 2/20? I have a feeling I remember you...

My airplane ticket was $156 and re-booking fee is $170. I hate wasting money :(
man...that sucks. I'm sorry...when is your rescheduled interview?

Awww, :( I have to wait till Saturday!!!!

Man, and I've been stalking my mailbox/Merlin for the past couple of days. Good thing I have a definite date now though!

Awww, :( I have to wait till Saturday!!!!

Man, and I've been stalking my mailbox/Merlin for the past couple of days. Good thing I have a definite date now though!

I went to my mailbox today and my hopes were shot down... the wait is killer I'm just going to check merlin monday.. Who are you eggroll? I know you interviewed the same day as i did.

I went to my mailbox today and my hopes were shot down... the wait is killer I'm just going to check merlin monday.. Who are you eggroll? I know you interviewed the same day as i did.
you're alive!!! I've been wondering when you were going to write something today :)

I got my letter today!!!! Mike called me this morning and said there was something in my file that we needed to look at so I headed up to school and he and Lisa personally handed my letter =)

For everyone else waiting, they are mailing a TON of letters out today, so good luck!

I got my letter today!!!! Mike called me this morning and said there was something in my file that we needed to look at so I headed up to school and he and Lisa personally handed my letter =)

For everyone else waiting, they are mailing a TON of letters out today, so good luck!

run back up there and ask for mine please!!!!

happy late birthday RN
hey...I just now saw this! I can't believe i missed it! Thanks Tabouli! I'm hoping and praying for you. We need to be classmates... :)

that's awesome! when was your interview?

Congrats!

Congrats man! You were in my group exercise so I'm happy for you!

Did you interview on 2/20? I have a feeling I remember you...

Yes, I did. I actually think we were in the same presentation group. I brought my phone to time us so we would stay on track. I went second.

Yes, I did. I actually think we were in the same presentation group. I brought my phone to time us so we would stay on track. I went second.
I knew it! For some reason, I can picture you from the way you've been posting messages on SDN. :laugh: What did you think of our interviewer?

Anyway, good luck to both of us! I really hope we hear from them SOON!

disregard this post

Last edited:
way to go Stevo! glad to know you made it. Good luck to everyone else , I hope you hear something soon!

Mine came today!!
I haven't opened it yet.

It's good news. What a relief to not have to wait any longer. :)
Although it's not as important, my postcard showed up today too.

I knew it! For some reason, I can picture you from the way you've been posting messages on SDN. :laugh: What did you think of our interviewer?

Anyway, good luck to both of us! I really hope we hear from them SOON!

Thanks for the luck, I needed it.
As for what I thought of our interviewers... I knew they weren't there to be our friends, but to make an assessment about us, to see if we could communicate effectively without their encouragement. It was certainly discouraging to think they weren't understanding what I was trying to say. (If you remember that) They were a tough audience, but even so, I felt we presented well as a group.

CONGRATS rusted....that was so hilarious u actually sent a postcard to yourself hehe

CONGRATS rusted....that was so hilarious u actually sent a postcard to yourself hehe

Thanks!
I wanted to know when start getting disappointed. Good news or bad, I just wanted the wait to be over.

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting. Mine likely came today because I'm only one zip code over.

Good luck to everyone else who's still waiting. Mine likely came today because I'm only one zip code over.
well, i'm very happy for you :) now...mine needs to come tomorrow!

i should of had you send a post card to me so i would know :( let the wait continue

is it a huge packet?

Nope, just a regular sized envelope. It had three papers in it. I immediately felt for the confetti, but couldn't feel any. That's why it took me a while before I could make myself open it. It was there though, and difficult to clean up too.
Good luck to everyone again,

my mail doesn't come till after 2pm has anyone that doesn't live next door to the school got anything.... :scared: are they sending rejection letters too?

Hey guyz I am in :D:D:D i live in Austin

I'm in too!!! Amarillo/ Dallas

accidental repeat...see below.

Last edited:
:love:Amarillo all 4 years!

My husband is sooo sweet! He brought my letter to work with my lunch and starbucks! Best day ever!!!