Texas Tech c/o 2027 hopefuls :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snailpon

Reaction score
Haven’t seen this one yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you have to live in Texas to attend Texas tech? I’ve been hearing different things about how 90% is Texas students and 10% New Mexico. Does anyone know cause I’m in Florida and the deadline for their Casper is the 29 which is when I’m taking it and I already completely the TMDSAS for Texas A&M. If I can apply here for a few more $ then hopefully the $200 TMDSAS isn’t as bad.

Do you have to live in Texas to attend Texas tech? I’ve been hearing different things about how 90% is Texas students and 10% New Mexico. Does anyone know cause I’m in Florida and the deadline for their Casper is the 29 which is when I’m taking it and I already completely the TMDSAS for Texas A&M. If I can apply here for a few more $ then hopefully the $200 TMDSAS isn’t as bad.

I applied to tech last cycle and I believe they are still only allowing admissions to texas and new mexico residents, I honestly don’t think that will change anytime soon.

They only accept Texas residents and 10% of their acceptance pool will be from New Mexico.

They only accept Texas residents and 10% of their acceptance pool will be from New Mexico.
That sucks, I love the heat which is a main factor in my choices for where I applied. Thanks for clarifying! Hopefully they open it up to oos students eventually cause there definitely is a need for more

That sucks, I love the heat which is a main factor in my choices for where I applied. Thanks for clarifying! Hopefully they open it up to oos students eventually cause there definitely is a need for more
It gets hella cold in Amarillo, so you probably would not enjoy that! Relatively warm in College Station though!

Hey yall!
Anyone have any guess on when we will hear about interviews- I am panicked haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Eeek nothing yet, I think that may be a bad sign. Congrats guys!!

For those getting interview invites is it through the portal or email?

I interviewed there last year- love the program. Not a huge fan of Amarillo. Good luck to everyone who got interview invites! Happy Thanksgiving!

I interviewed there last year- love the program. Not a huge fan of Amarillo. Good luck to everyone who got interview invites! Happy Thanksgiving!
Oof yeah Amarillo isn't really it for me either, but I'll manage if it means a DVM.

• Love
Was not selected for an interview. Good luck to those who got one!

• Care
Oof yeah Amarillo isn't really it for me either, but I'll manage if it means a DVM.
Absolutely!

I wasn’t offered an interview this cycle, so I’m just taking solace in that. 😂

I hope you get in- the school is really amazing

• Care
IS rejected. Not really surprised because they've said before their first cut off was if you've practiced months in a rural area or grew up in a rural area but still sucks 😅 Good luck to everybody with an interview! You got this!

Reactions: 1 users
IS rejected. Not really surprised because they've said before their first cut off was if you've practiced months in a rural area or grew up in a rural area but still sucks 😅 Good luck to everybody with an interview! You got this!
I gotta respect that they’re sticking to their mission. I want to practice in a rural area and I would love to be a regional relief vet, but the equine hospital I work at is near a big city, so 🤷🏼‍♀️

This was the reason for my first rejection from them. I rewrote my essays and really focused on how, despite my area being technically classified as suburban, it is incredibly underserved. We have a lot of agriculture and no food animal vets, and *extremely* limited mixed practice vets.

Curious if anyone knows how many applicants and how many interviews were offered for Tech this cycle?

Curious if anyone knows how many applicants and how many interviews were offered for Tech this cycle?
So at my interview they said they received ~900 applicants. I'm not sure how many people were offered interviews though. Does anyone know how many interviewed last year?

Oh wow that seems like a really small number of interviews.
I suppose. However, they put on an all day event for interviews for days... that is a lot of work on their part. A&M has an online interview, so no hosting for their interview. I think A&M's invitations for admission will go out before their tour. So they will host a tour for one day and I imagine only for those accepted into the program. I didn't apply anywhere else, so I'm not sure what I'd typical across the US.

I suppose. However, they put on an all day event for interviews for days... that is a lot of work on their part. A&M has an online interview, so no hosting for their interview. I think A&M's invitations for admission will go out before their tour. So they will host a tour for one day and I imagine only for those accepted into the program. I didn't apply anywhere else, so I'm not sure what I'd typical across the US.
When I was there on my interview day I thought there was about 80 interviewees, but now I'm thinking it must have been much smaller. I greatly appreciated them making a day out of our interview, it was really nice, welcoming, and made me feel appreciated regardless of if I get in or not.

I have the same thoughts about TAMU, I find it hard to believe they would invite all applicants to the tour date rather than just inviting those offered acceptance/waitlisted.

Was your request via email from TMDSAS or did you log in and see it?

How can you tell when your transcripts have been fully processed? I see on the status page two of my transcripts have been received now. I Imagine they recalculate your GPA? Anyone know where to find this info?

How can you tell when your transcripts have been fully processed? I see on the status page two of my transcripts have been received now. I Imagine they recalculate your GPA? Anyone know where to find this info?
I would look on TMDSAS' FAQ or contact someone there to verify the process.

Well, this Friday will be a month since we interviewed! Anyone else getting excited to hear news? I sure am. We are getting closer yall!

I'm so nervous 😅
I'm a bit too but more excited just to hear yay or nay and figure out what this year looks like for my family and me. I only applied to Texas schools. I have a feeling that Tech will give an answer first between the two.

I'm a bit too but more excited just to hear yay or nay and figure out what this year looks like for my family and me. I only applied to Texas schools. I have a feeling that Tech will give an answer first between the two.
Yes living in limbo is definitely a challenge and a source of anxiety 😅

They said we would hear back by mid-February. We're nearly two weeks away! :giggle:

How is everyone feeling? I noticed that several of you got into TAMU. Congrats!! I am still anxiously awaiting to hear back from Tech. Hoping to get some news this week. :giggle:

If it's not tomorrow I bet it will be this Friday. No news, just have a feeling.