-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas Tech c/o 2027 hopefuls :)
Started by snailpon
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
First time IS applicant! Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have to live in Texas to attend Texas tech? I’ve been hearing different things about how 90% is Texas students and 10% New Mexico. Does anyone know cause I’m in Florida and the deadline for their Casper is the 29 which is when I’m taking it and I already completely the TMDSAS for Texas A&M. If I can apply here for a few more $ then hopefully the $200 TMDSAS isn’t as bad.
Do you have to live in Texas to attend Texas tech? I’ve been hearing different things about how 90% is Texas students and 10% New Mexico. Does anyone know cause I’m in Florida and the deadline for their Casper is the 29 which is when I’m taking it and I already completely the TMDSAS for Texas A&M. If I can apply here for a few more $ then hopefully the $200 TMDSAS isn’t as bad.
I applied to tech last cycle and I believe they are still only allowing admissions to texas and new mexico residents, I honestly don’t think that will change anytime soon.
They only accept Texas residents and 10% of their acceptance pool will be from New Mexico.Do you have to live in Texas to attend Texas tech? I’ve been hearing different things about how 90% is Texas students and 10% New Mexico. Does anyone know cause I’m in Florida and the deadline for their Casper is the 29 which is when I’m taking it and I already completely the TMDSAS for Texas A&M. If I can apply here for a few more $ then hopefully the $200 TMDSAS isn’t as bad.
That sucks, I love the heat which is a main factor in my choices for where I applied. Thanks for clarifying! Hopefully they open it up to oos students eventually cause there definitely is a need for moreThey only accept Texas residents and 10% of their acceptance pool will be from New Mexico.
It gets hella cold in Amarillo, so you probably would not enjoy that! Relatively warm in College Station though!That sucks, I love the heat which is a main factor in my choices for where I applied. Thanks for clarifying! Hopefully they open it up to oos students eventually cause there definitely is a need for more
Hey yall!
Anyone have any guess on when we will hear about interviews- I am panicked haha
Anyone have any guess on when we will hear about interviews- I am panicked haha
Last year we heard on December 10th.Hey yall!
Anyone have any guess on when we will hear about interviews- I am panicked haha
Macsauce19
Full Member
Good luck everybody! First time IS applicant
Just got an interview offer!
IS interview!
Eeek nothing yet, I think that may be a bad sign. Congrats guys!!
IS interview!!! 😭😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email!
Oof yeah Amarillo isn't really it for me either, but I'll manage if it means a DVM.I interviewed there last year- love the program. Not a huge fan of Amarillo. Good luck to everyone who got interview invites! Happy Thanksgiving!
Absolutely!Oof yeah Amarillo isn't really it for me either, but I'll manage if it means a DVM.
I wasn’t offered an interview this cycle, so I’m just taking solace in that. 😂
I hope you get in- the school is really amazing
IS Rejection
I gotta respect that they’re sticking to their mission. I want to practice in a rural area and I would love to be a regional relief vet, but the equine hospital I work at is near a big city, so 🤷🏼♀️IS rejected. Not really surprised because they've said before their first cut off was if you've practiced months in a rural area or grew up in a rural area but still sucks 😅 Good luck to everybody with an interview! You got this!
This was the reason for my first rejection from them. I rewrote my essays and really focused on how, despite my area being technically classified as suburban, it is incredibly underserved. We have a lot of agriculture and no food animal vets, and *extremely* limited mixed practice vets.IS rejected. Not really surprised because they've said before their first cut off was if you've practiced months in a rural area or grew up in a rural area but still sucks 😅 Good luck to everybody with an interview! You got this!
So at my interview they said they received ~900 applicants. I'm not sure how many people were offered interviews though. Does anyone know how many interviewed last year?Curious if anyone knows how many applicants and how many interviews were offered for Tech this cycle?
They interviewed 215 this year
Oh wow that seems like a really small number of interviews.They interviewed 215 this year
TxVetgirl
Full Member
I suppose. However, they put on an all day event for interviews for days... that is a lot of work on their part. A&M has an online interview, so no hosting for their interview. I think A&M's invitations for admission will go out before their tour. So they will host a tour for one day and I imagine only for those accepted into the program. I didn't apply anywhere else, so I'm not sure what I'd typical across the US.Oh wow that seems like a really small number of interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I was there on my interview day I thought there was about 80 interviewees, but now I'm thinking it must have been much smaller. I greatly appreciated them making a day out of our interview, it was really nice, welcoming, and made me feel appreciated regardless of if I get in or not.I suppose. However, they put on an all day event for interviews for days... that is a lot of work on their part. A&M has an online interview, so no hosting for their interview. I think A&M's invitations for admission will go out before their tour. So they will host a tour for one day and I imagine only for those accepted into the program. I didn't apply anywhere else, so I'm not sure what I'd typical across the US.
I have the same thoughts about TAMU, I find it hard to believe they would invite all applicants to the tour date rather than just inviting those offered acceptance/waitlisted.
How are we feeling about that interview?
Pretty good. Not amazing but not bad either 😅How are we feeling about that interview?
TxVetgirl
Full Member
Pretty good. Not amazing but not bad either 😅
Not feeling good about it at all. Silver lining, I will learn and grow from it.How are we feeling about that interview?
YesHave yall received a transcript request from TMDSAS?
someday-maybe
TTU SVM C/O 2028
I received an email directly from TMDSAS.Was your request via email from TMDSAS or did you log in and see it?
someday-maybe
TTU SVM C/O 2028
1/10/23 at 12:15am. The email came from [email protected]When did yall get the request?
January 8thWhen did yall get the request?
someday-maybe
TTU SVM C/O 2028
I would look on TMDSAS' FAQ or contact someone there to verify the process.How can you tell when your transcripts have been fully processed? I see on the status page two of my transcripts have been received now. I Imagine they recalculate your GPA? Anyone know where to find this info?
I'm so nervous 😅Well, this Friday will be a month since we interviewed! Anyone else getting excited to hear news? I sure am. We are getting closer yall!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TxVetgirl
Full Member
I'm a bit too but more excited just to hear yay or nay and figure out what this year looks like for my family and me. I only applied to Texas schools. I have a feeling that Tech will give an answer first between the two.I'm so nervous 😅
Yes living in limbo is definitely a challenge and a source of anxiety 😅I'm a bit too but more excited just to hear yay or nay and figure out what this year looks like for my family and me. I only applied to Texas schools. I have a feeling that Tech will give an answer first between the two.
someday-maybe
TTU SVM C/O 2028
They said we would hear back by mid-February. We're nearly two weeks away! 😊
someday-maybe
TTU SVM C/O 2028
How is everyone feeling? I noticed that several of you got into TAMU. Congrats!! I am still anxiously awaiting to hear back from Tech. Hoping to get some news this week. 😊