Texas Tech Paul L. Foster School of Medicine - El Paso - Class of 2015!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

longwhorn

MS0!!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ms0!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't believe I hadn't thought to look for this thread yet... Haha.

Quick question for you guys: If we are waitlisted at another school and they accept us, we can still turn it down if we want to stick with PLFSOM, right? I like to keep my options open, but it's very likely I'll still stick with El Paso no matter what, since I've been excited about it since match day. :)

Of course you can choose to stay with PLFSOM even if you are offered an acceptance to a school you are waitlisted at. I plan to do just that if I'm accepted off a list. I'm sold on PLFSOM. Have you joined the facebook group yet?

Of course you can choose to stay with PLFSOM even if you are offered an acceptance to a school you are waitlisted at. I plan to do just that if I'm accepted off a list. I'm sold on PLFSOM. Have you joined the facebook group yet?

Yep! Haha

Congrats everyone!! Looking forward to meeting you in July:)

Me too.

Has anyone talked to the financial aid office? I'm slightly non-traditional, and am trying to figure out how to best configure my application as someone coming out of a job to net loans that take into account me not having a job anymore once I start school.

I actually emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they should be sending them through the eraider accounts sometime in March if you submitted your FAFSA early. I haven't checked my account yet but hopefully they'll be up soon...I hope this helps!

I'm currently an MSII and have been sooo MIA from sdn since medical school started, but I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to all of you! I remember how crazy it was applying to medical school and how awesome it felt to have been accepted :)

I know there was lots of activity in the application thread and a lot of questions were answered there from a few of my classmates already. However, if you have any unanswered questions send me a private message (the only way to get my attention since I probably won't be checking this thread too often). I'll try to answer the general questions from the private message in the thread just to share with anyone else who may have the same question.

Congrats again!

-M