Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2018

Started by maira1390
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I have been following this tread intently and I have another quick question.
I have some bad grades (my previous post lol) and I was wondering if I should mention them in my personal statement or in my supplemental essay?

Congrats to all of those who got in, hopefully I will be there with yall next year 🙂
 
I have not received it. I haven't even received any of the follow up emails yet, the school said they've had technical difficulties this past week or so that they are working on. I don't know if that would affect the mail or not though.
I received the official mail on Fri 28.
 
Hi, I have been following this tread intentick question.
I hour some bad grades (my previous post lol) and I was wondering if I should mention them in my personal statement or in my supplemental essay?

Congrats to all of those who got in, hopefully I will be there with yall next year 🙂
The essays r about your motivation for the career, your life experience,... The school know your grades through your transcript. So don't need to put them in your essays.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on February 14 has heard anything back yet.
 
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on February 14 has heard anything back yet.

They normally do two or three weeks of interview and then have the admissions committee get together to consider all of those applicants as well as those in the rolling admission poll. You can always call the school and ask about the progress or when the committee will meet, but if you look at it as the group before yours only got their acceptance emails about a week ago and their letters have not yet arrived, I wouldn't be expecting to hear for another week or so at least. Good luck though.
 
Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone who interviewed on February 14 has heard anything back yet.
I interviewed Feb. 14 and got an acceptance email on Feb. 19. I have still not received the packet or any emails with further instructions though.
 
Does anyone from last week acceptance receive official letter through mail? It is really snail mail.
I have not received my official letter through the mail either and I got my acceptance on Feb. 20th. Hopefully, today is the day!

Mike Nall, the Director of Admissions at the Abilene campus responded back quickly to me today and said that I should not be worried about not receiving the packet in the mail yet. As long as it says that you are accepted in the Supplemental Application, then you should be fine. He told me to contact him back if I do not receive the packet by next week.
 
Last edited:
Hi, I have been following this tread intently and I have another quick question.
I have some bad grades (my previous post lol) and I was wondering if I should mention them in my personal statement or in my supplemental essay?

Congrats to all of those who got in, hopefully I will be there with yall next year 🙂

For Texas Tech's "Life Experiences" essay, I mentioned my grades. I admitted that I did get some bad grades during the first two years of college because I was unprepared. I then told them how I improved during my last two years and I wrote about how I grew and what I learned from the college experience. They did not look down on my essay, because I fortunately got in! So if you feel that your experience with your grades is one of the experiences that have impacted you the most as a person, then I would recommend using it in your "Life Experiences" essay. You should definitely brainstorm or get feedback with a school/career counselor and of course have them and those close to you proofread your essays! Best of luck to you! 🙂
 
Anyone know when the Feb. 28th interview admission committee will meet or when we will get an email on their decision?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted on march 11th!! God is really really good!

...whether you get accepted to Tech, or elsewhere, this verse applies to me and you:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
-Proverbs 3:5-6

see you guys soon!
 
Last edited:
accepted on march 11th!! God is really really good!

...whether you get accepted to Tech, or elsewhere, this verse applies to me and you:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
-Proverbs 3:5-6

see you guys soon!:hello:
Doesn't apply to me, I don't believe in God.
 
accepted on march 11th!! God is really really good!

...whether you get accepted to Tech, or elsewhere, this verse applies to me and you:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."
-Proverbs 3:5-6

see you guys soon!:hello:
When did you interview?
 
no sir, but i read someone from the who interviewed the 14th got their response earlier this week... so im hoping that means we are next!!
 
Which location did you interview and what date?
I interviewed in the first batch 1/24. I did not get accepted the first round as they placed me in the rolling pool. But then 😀 they sent out email of acceptance last week. I'm thrilled ^^
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in the first batch 1/24. I did not get accepted the first round as they placed me in the rolling pool. But then 😀 they sent out email of acceptance last week. I'm thrilled ^^
Did you also get accepted into other schools? If so are you choosing Tech?
 
for those whom interviewed on the 21st of feb... I had called student services and she told me that my application was currently with the admission committee right now. I am assuming this also goes for the rest of the applicants who interviewed on the same date and we should be hearing soon!!
 
for those whom interviewed on the 21st of feb... I had called student services and she told me that my application was currently with the admission committee right now. I am assuming this also goes for the rest of the applicants who interviewed on the same date and we should be hearing soon!!
2/28 interview applications are also being sorted this week. Cross your fingers people!
 
I interviewed 2/14 in Abilene, got my acceptance a few days ago, but will be turning down the offer. Good luck to all!
 
I called this morning and they said give it another week or so for the bunch who interviewed on Feb 21st Amarillo.
 
Called today and was told that the final decisions will be made this week and MAYBE the emails will go out on Friday. I interviewed the 21st in Amarillo
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got my acceptance email this morning. It was a link to a video saying congratulations you been offered a seat. I interviewed on the feb 28th batch.