Texas Tech School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacygal21

Reaction score
Hi, so I just got an interview at Texas Tech in like a week so I am super excited and nervous. I am still having trouble with deciding where to go IF I were to get accepted into Tech: Dallas, Amarillo or Abilene? I have heard of many different opinions on all three campus but as of right now I have chosen to stay in Dallas campus since it's close to my hometown but I hear it's not as developed as the other two. If that is true, I rather go to Abilene or Amarillo if the campus is better for my future career.

I was told Amarillo is the best out of the three since it's their main campus and there are more professors out there to build a relationship which is something that is very beneficial. However, it is so far from where I live, so between Dallas and Abilene, which is the better option or if there even is a big difference between the two. If there isn't much of a difference between dallas and abilene then I rather stay in the Dallas campus but I would like some input!

Any advice on which campus locations is best between the three?

Members don't see this ad.

Moving to Pharmacy School - Specific Discussions

I didn't look up the different campuses so for the small input I can make, I would justify the cost difference of staying with family members in your hometown (so I'm presumed you plan on doing which would be wise) to moving away to Amarillo and the such. If the cost difference is close to 5k - 10k per year of school, I would stay with family no questions asked. I can go on but I'll leave it at that for the time being.

Hi, so I just got an interview at Texas Tech in like a week so I am super excited and nervous. I am still having trouble with deciding where to go IF I were to get accepted into Tech: Dallas, Amarillo or Abilene? I have heard of many different opinions on all three campus but as of right now I have chosen to stay in Dallas campus since it's close to my hometown but I hear it's not as developed as the other two. If that is true, I rather go to Abilene or Amarillo if the campus is better for my future career.

I was told Amarillo is the best out of the three since it's their main campus and there are more professors out there to build a relationship which is something that is very beneficial. However, it is so far from where I live, so between Dallas and Abilene, which is the better option or if there even is a big difference between the two. If there isn't much of a difference between dallas and abilene then I rather stay in the Dallas campus but I would like some input!

Any advice on which campus locations is best between the three?
Hi. what was your stat for acceptance such as gpa and pcat score. I intend to applt to texas tech RD

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! I am from amarillo and recently received an interview too. If you have any questions about the city i’ll be happy to answer them. Where was your interview location?

Congrats! I am from amarillo and recently received an interview too. If you have any questions about the city i’ll be happy to answer them. Where was your interview location?
Hi , what was your stats if you don't mind me asking

Hi. what was your stat for acceptance such as gpa and pcat score. I intend to applt to texas tech RD
Hi! sorry I know I'm late in response but I did get accepted into Texas Tech Pharm school for early decision and I got into the Dallas campus which I ended up requesting in the first place. I decided to live near my hometown but I was definitely conflicted in choosing my location when I was accepted.

My stats were my overall GPA for my undergrad was a 3.87 with a biology degree (I decided to get my bachelors instead of just doing my presreqs but both options are great), my math and science gpa (so basically the TTUHSC Pharmacy prereqs listed) was a 3.6, and my PCAT was tbh very average. I will admit I am not the best test taker, BUT remember that all schools, whether that be any healthcare schools or any other professional grad schools, they don't just look at your grades and stats, they look at how round of a student you are as a whole. Along with my stats, I also was involved in many school organizations and did lots of volunteer work and also maintained a healthcare job during my undergrad years so it made up for my average PCAT score, so if you are bad test taker like me, make sure to use your other resources to make up for that section and you will be fine! Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

Awesome Congrats! I ended up getting accepted into Tech after early decision and choosing Dallas as my location after my acceptance. My interview location was in Amarillo and it was a great city to tour around during my visit for sure.

I applied kinda of late, but I got scheduled for a July zoom interview, what do you think of my chances what is my chance of getting in if I got a interview?
Thanks for your help