Aug 18, 2019
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi, so I just got an interview at Texas Tech in like a week so I am super excited and nervous. I am still having trouble with deciding where to go IF I were to get accepted into Tech: Dallas, Amarillo or Abilene? I have heard of many different opinions on all three campus but as of right now I have chosen to stay in Dallas campus since it's close to my hometown but I hear it's not as developed as the other two. If that is true, I rather go to Abilene or Amarillo if the campus is better for my future career.

I was told Amarillo is the best out of the three since it's their main campus and there are more professors out there to build a relationship which is something that is very beneficial. However, it is so far from where I live, so between Dallas and Abilene, which is the better option or if there even is a big difference between the two. If there isn't much of a difference between dallas and abilene then I rather stay in the Dallas campus but I would like some input!

Any advice on which campus locations is best between the three?

BC_89

Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2014
Status
Pharmacy Student
Moving to Pharmacy School - Specific Discussions

I didn't look up the different campuses so for the small input I can make, I would justify the cost difference of staying with family members in your hometown (so I'm presumed you plan on doing which would be wise) to moving away to Amarillo and the such. If the cost difference is close to 5k - 10k per year of school, I would stay with family no questions asked. I can go on but I'll leave it at that for the time being.

Aug 31, 2019
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi, so I just got an interview at Texas Tech in like a week so I am super excited and nervous. I am still having trouble with deciding where to go IF I were to get accepted into Tech: Dallas, Amarillo or Abilene? I have heard of many different opinions on all three campus but as of right now I have chosen to stay in Dallas campus since it's close to my hometown but I hear it's not as developed as the other two. If that is true, I rather go to Abilene or Amarillo if the campus is better for my future career.

I was told Amarillo is the best out of the three since it's their main campus and there are more professors out there to build a relationship which is something that is very beneficial. However, it is so far from where I live, so between Dallas and Abilene, which is the better option or if there even is a big difference between the two. If there isn't much of a difference between dallas and abilene then I rather stay in the Dallas campus but I would like some input!

Any advice on which campus locations is best between the three?
Hi. what was your stat for acceptance such as gpa and pcat score. I intend to applt to texas tech RD

Sep 11, 2019
Congrats! I am from amarillo and recently received an interview too. If you have any questions about the city i’ll be happy to answer them. Where was your interview location?