-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas Tech University C/O 2026
Started by Nannarnaluk
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hello! Second time IS applicant!
1st time IS applicant. Got rejected w/o interview from A&M so TTU is my hope for IS tuition (assuming I get in anywhere).
Curious whether anyone else applying is NOT interested in large animal or equine?
Curious whether anyone else applying is NOT interested in large animal or equine?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure some people not interested in LA or equine applied. Seeing as the goal of the school is to provide the state with more LA and equine vets, I would imagine they would be unlikely to accept students that have no intention of pursuing that field. Are you interested in academia, public health, or lab work, etc.?1st time IS applicant. Got rejected w/o interview from A&M so TTU is my hope for IS tuition (assuming I get in anywhere).
Curious whether anyone else applying is NOT interested in large animal or equine?
My goal is to work with shelters and low-income populations to improve access to care. Ideally I'd like to start up a mobile spay/neuter truck that focuses heavily on low-income rural populations in east Texas in particular. Since I was rejected from A&M I'm already thinking about next year's applications and I don't think I'll apply to Tech again but it was more this year to see if they'd be interested in that goal since technically it is serving rural Texas.I'm sure some people not interested in LA or equine applied. Seeing as the goal of the school is to provide the state with more LA and equine vets, I would imagine they would be unlikely to accept students that have no intention of pursuing that field. Are you interested in academia, public health, or lab work, etc.?
I think that is an awesome goal and something they would absolutely consider on the basis of serving rural Texas! If you don't get accepted, I would definitely contact them for a file review to discuss if your goals align with theirs.My goal is to work with shelters and low-income populations to improve access to care. Ideally I'd like to start up a mobile spay/neuter truck that focuses heavily on low-income rural populations in east Texas in particular. Since I was rejected from A&M I'm already thinking about next year's applications and I don't think I'll apply to Tech again but it was more this year to see if they'd be interested in that goal since technically it is serving rural Texas.
For those who haven't seen: Tech's website now says they will be sending out interview invites December 10th (this Friday). Good luck everyone!
Rural communities still need SA vets! There is an issue with public health--vaccinating strays to prevent the spread of disease and spaying/neutering to control population! I do not think you should count yourself out yet, but if you are rejected, these are some points you could focus on in your next application.My goal is to work with shelters and low-income populations to improve access to care. Ideally I'd like to start up a mobile spay/neuter truck that focuses heavily on low-income rural populations in east Texas in particular. Since I was rejected from A&M I'm already thinking about next year's applications and I don't think I'll apply to Tech again but it was more this year to see if they'd be interested in that goal since technically it is serving rural Texas.
Please reach out if you have any questions! I am busy preparing for finals next week, but I will try to reply as promptly as possible!Hi guys! I am part of the inagural class of TTU SVM! They are definitely looking for people who want to do small animals. Of course, they try to teach us everything because in rural/regional communities you really have to know it all! We even have already had field trips to the shelter talking about shelter medicine! One of my classmates is intrested in exotic animals, some in small, and a lot of us want to do mixed practice. Most of my expericne was small animal when I applied (I do want to do mixed animal practice however). Large animals are not the main focus. The main focus is helping your communities the best way you can! Good luck guys and I hope to meet you during interviews!
Our faculty is prepping now and we are so excited to meet our underclassmen!
Last edited:
I wish we knew what time they plan on sending interview invites. I'm on the edge of my seat over here already 🙃
Oh God now I'm a mixture of terrified and excited 😳For those who haven't seen: Tech's website now says they will be sending out interview invites December 10th (this Friday). Good luck everyone!
futuredogtor26
PennVet c/o 2026
Looking at last years thread, it looks like they sent them out in waves throughout the day. I also do not think they send an official rejection letter? But I could be wrong.
Yeah, I'm operating under the assumption that if I don't get an email I don't get an interview. I don't want anyone to send me any emails today unless it's THAT email.Looking at last years thread, it looks like they sent them out in waves throughout the day. I also do not think they send an official rejection letter? But I could be wrong.
Waiting for news like
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They sent them out in waves, like anywhere from 930 to 230 is what I see on the 2025 thread.Does anyone know when they started sending them out last year?
It's so painful, I may be slightly nauseated lolWelp… still waiting…
I was invited to interview last year and didnt get the email until 1/19/21 at 9:42am. So, silver lining, we hear back a whole month earlier this year!Does anyone know when they started sending them out last year?
My nerves are only growing 😖
Waiting till 5pm is the hardest… I’m assuming that’s when they will send them at this point
My friend just told me she got her invite so check your emails!!! Im still waiting on an email myself.
Thats exciting! I haven't gotten anything. Trying to keep my hopes in check.My friend just told me she got her invite so check your emails!!! Im still waiting on an email myself.
Same… hoping they aren’t done
I'm really hoping they'll send rejections this year instead of limbo like they did the last group of applicants.Same… hoping they aren’t done
futuredogtor26
PennVet c/o 2026
I haven’t heard anything either. I think
all the emails have not been sent out if most of us are still waiting
all the emails have not been sent out if most of us are still waiting
QuirkySocks
Full Member
I haven’t received an email either! Has anyone else heard of someone who has received an email? I hope they aren’t done, or at least let us know our fate 😅
I don't know, that's what I'm telling myself but there's only a handful of us on SDN and 800 something people applied.I haven’t heard anything either. I think
all the emails have not been sent out if most of us are still waiting
I just got the rejection email. But good luck to the rest of yall!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received a rejection email, good luck everyone!
Just got an email-- not offered an interview. So they at least aren't leaving us hanging this year.
Rejected 🙁 good luck to everyone else!
Yes, I'm glad they didn't leave us in limbo.Just got an email-- not offered an interview. So they at least aren't leaving us hanging this year.
At least though it says you can ask more questions later so maybe they'll be willing to do a file review type thing. Nothing to deflate your confidence like getting rejected from both IS schools though.
I was in the top quartile and was rejected. I might be misunderstanding your question though.Did anyone that got rejected not score well on the Casper?
I scored in the top quartile and was rejected.Did anyone that got rejected not score well on the Casper?
Just the quartile, presumably because so many applicants complained (understandably).They release Casper scores now?
QuirkySocks
Full Member
Best of luck on your other apps!I just got the rejection email. But good luck to the rest of yall!!!
chloecap98
Full Member
I was rejected from Tech. I was pretty surprised because I am from Lubbock and want to be a mixed animal vet in rural communities. I think I was rejected because I don't have enough experience in with livestock.
I honestly have no clue what their criteria was. I'm definitely planning to contact them in April and see what they were looking for since it seems like all of us on the forum were rejected.I was rejected from Tech. I was pretty surprised because I am from Lubbock and want to be a mixed animal vet in rural communities. I think I was rejected because I don't have enough experience in with livestock.
I applied last year and got an interview with them. This year I got an interview with A&M and rejected from tech. I have no clue what schools even look for now, but if I had to guess Texas tech probably wanted something specific to get to an interview number.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chloecap98
Full Member
For those that were accepted, what types of experiences do you have? Did ya'll have a lot of large animal veterinary experiences? I am thinking I will reapply and trying to decide what to do experience wise this summer.
I am waitlisted, scored in the 2nd lowest quartile 🤷🏼♀️ On Casper. My vet shadowing hours were pretty low, so I am stoked just to have gotten this far!Did anyone that got rejected not score well on the Casper?