Text book for biochemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keth

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody!!!
Can any one suggest text books on biochemistry for NDB part-1?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Keth,
I feel that the best book for Biochemistry is that by Lippincort.Another book you may want to check out is 'biochemistry made ridiculously simple'.Hope that does it and good luck :)

Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews is the best! I personally used it for preparation. It is very well organized and has a lots of diagrams which are very helpful. You should start reviewing this book as early as possible. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi
I strongly recommend Lippincott's book on Biochemistry. It has excellent illustrations which make in easy to understand.
Good luck!

hi part 'one'rs ,
Is anyone of you erolling for the kaplan part-1 QB.I badly need some advice from those who have first hand experience..pls reply
Good luck to u all.

Thank you everybody for the reply!!
But, i would like to know the authors of the Lippincott series.
I got hold of Lippincott{williams and wilkins}Basic Medical Biochemisty.
and authors of which are "Dawn B marks, Allan D marks, Collen M smith Phd."
Is this the book you are all talking about?

Bobby , Could you tell me the author of the book "biochemistry made ridiculously easier" you suggested.

Thanks ,

keth

Hi Keth,
Check this site [http://www.usmle.net/step1_books.html] ..here you'll find the two bichem textbooks we were talking about along with reviews,user rating etc

Remember that the books refered to are:

1. Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry
by Pamela C. Champe, Richard A., Ph.D. Harvey

2. Clinical Biochemistry Made Ridiculously Simple (MedMaster Series, 2001 Edition)
by Stephen Goldberg

So when are you taking the part-1...is it in july,well so am I and wish you luck. :)