Text book for biochemistry

Started by keth
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

keth

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everybody!!!
Can any one suggest text books on biochemistry for NDB part-1?
 
Hi Keth,
I feel that the best book for Biochemistry is that by Lippincort.Another book you may want to check out is 'biochemistry made ridiculously simple'.Hope that does it and good luck 🙂
 
Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews is the best! I personally used it for preparation. It is very well organized and has a lots of diagrams which are very helpful. You should start reviewing this book as early as possible. Good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi
I strongly recommend Lippincott's book on Biochemistry. It has excellent illustrations which make in easy to understand.
Good luck!
 
hi part 'one'rs ,
Is anyone of you erolling for the kaplan part-1 QB.I badly need some advice from those who have first hand experience..pls reply
Good luck to u all.
 
Thank you everybody for the reply!!
But, i would like to know the authors of the Lippincott series.
I got hold of Lippincott{williams and wilkins}Basic Medical Biochemisty.
and authors of which are "Dawn B marks, Allan D marks, Collen M smith Phd."
Is this the book you are all talking about?

Bobby , Could you tell me the author of the book "biochemistry made ridiculously easier" you suggested.

Thanks ,

keth
 
Hi Keth,
Check this site [http://www.usmle.net/step1_books.html] ..here you'll find the two bichem textbooks we were talking about along with reviews,user rating etc

Remember that the books refered to are:

1. Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry
by Pamela C. Champe, Richard A., Ph.D. Harvey

2. Clinical Biochemistry Made Ridiculously Simple (MedMaster Series, 2001 Edition)
by Stephen Goldberg

So when are you taking the part-1...is it in july,well so am I and wish you luck. 🙂