Textbook for Biochem illiterate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a hard time with Biochemistry. What is the best text for me? I have Lippincott already

Members don't see this ad.

Medical Biochemistry is very good, but may leave out some non-clinical details and subjects.

See if you could get your hands on Lehninger: Principles of Biochemistry. I used it this past semester. And its great, nice graphs and the language is easier to understand than any of my other science books. Check it out. I have the 3rd edition by the way.

Lippincott's was ok, but not nearly enough for the PhDs that were teaching us, so Lange's Medical Biochemistry is good. That should get you through tough spots. If all else fails and you can't get through all of the reading before the test block, pick up a High Yield Biochem and BRS Biochem. They are a very concise review that are best used after reading your primary text and lecture notes. (For the Boards: kaplan Notes and Lippincott's) Hope this was helpful.
---BeeGee