SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Textbook for Biochem illiterate

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by katy, Dec 15, 2001.

1. katy

katy Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 17, 2000
    I have a hard time with Biochemistry. What is the best text for me? I have Lippincott already

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. po' boy

po' boy Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 12, 2001
    Portland, OR
    Medical Biochemistry is very good, but may leave out some non-clinical details and subjects.

4. WonderBoy

WonderBoy Physician 10+ Year Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Midwest
    See if you could get your hands on Lehninger: Principles of Biochemistry. I used it this past semester. And its great, nice graphs and the language is easier to understand than any of my other science books. Check it out. I have the 3rd edition by the way.

5. BeeGee

BeeGee Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Lippincott's was ok, but not nearly enough for the PhDs that were teaching us, so Lange's Medical Biochemistry is good. That should get you through tough spots. If all else fails and you can't get through all of the reading before the test block, pick up a High Yield Biochem and BRS Biochem. They are a very concise review that are best used after reading your primary text and lecture notes. (For the Boards: kaplan Notes and Lippincott's) Hope this was helpful.
    ---BeeGee