textbooks

Started by eyehope
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eyehope

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for textbook recommendations for my ophtho. rotation. I am planning on going into ophtho, so I will probably splurge on a few books. Thanks.
 
The Academy puts out a book called Basic Ophthalmology (can't remember the full title) for Medical Students and Primary Care physicians which is excellent. I found that book in addition to Ophtho Secrets and the General Ophtho Lange textbook to be more than enough. Also, I bought an Ophthalmic image atlas (Kanski, I believe) which was helpful since it was full of excellent, high-quality, glossy photos. If you can only get one book, get the Academy basic ophtho book...it's an excellent overview and will give you a good foundation in basic concepts.

Hope that helps...