Thank-you card for interviewers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

STi555

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys send thank-you cards after you have you interview? If so what do you say and do you buy a hallmark card or just print something out? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I bought cards from my school bookstore with a picture of my school on the cover---but I never used them. I wrote one out and my handwriting didn't look neat enough. I only sent 2 TY notes (typed), and I didn't have time for the rest. :(

I just thanked them, said what i liked about the school, etc

My view on TY cards: unless your writing is horribly illegible and you misspell the school's or the interviewer's name, they can't hurt...

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought thank-you letters were more appropriate for interviewers. I mean, the standard for when you apply for a job is to send a thank-you letter. Cards seem a bit too informal to me, unless your interview was somehow very informal.

I also sent thank you cards to my interviewers (blank inside, painting of Pebble Beach Golf Course's 18th on the cover). I thanked them for their time, picked out one SPECIFIC thing we talked about and reiterated my feelings on the subject, and finally included that their school was my first choice (because it was).

I did it informally (handwritten) and used a card which said something about me that they could easily remember (I'm a bigtime golf fanatic) because I WANTED TO STAND OUT somehow. If you can't do it with grades or test scores or EC's or LOR's...do it with personality! :wink: