Thank you card?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bionerd89

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm meeting with one of the program director at a DO school this week who had helped me a lot throughout the application process..do you think its a good idea to give him a hand-written thank you card or does it seem a little weird?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't see the point of a thank you card if you're meeting face to face. What are you going to do, hand it to him? I think a verbal thank you and acknowledging their contribution and your appreciation is normal.

Hi, I'm meeting with one of the program director at a DO school this week who had helped me a lot throughout the application process..do you think its a good idea to give him a hand-written thank you card or does it seem a little weird?

Thanks
It's not weird, it's etiquette. You don't hand it to him at the meeting. You mail it afterward. It will be remembered especially if he/she is of the age before the internet and instant messages. I think the thank you card means more than you think especially for the older generation (I say that since I'm one of those).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's not weird, it's etiquette. You don't hand it to him at the meeting. You mail it afterward. It will be remembered especially if he/she is of the age before the internet and instant messages. I think the thank you card means more than you think especially for the older generation (I say that since I'm one of those).

Agree 100%.

Ok change the "give him" to "send him" then it makes sense.

Thanks for the responses!!! I will definitely send in the card.

Yes, definitely send a thank you card. 110% send the thank you card. This is life people, you may never have been in the 'real job' world, but one of the things you do is send people (unless they are close personal friends) a thank you card for an interview or any type of assistance. If it is a close personal friend who helped you out, you take them to dinner/lunch instead. Additionally, you can try to be sneaky and leave one with a receptionist before you leave, but it is best to write it after you've had the meeting so you can include specific details of your meeting.

Oh, and always listen to CB. She knows her stuff!! (and she's über awesome)

Oh, and always listen to CB. She knows her stuff!! (and she's über awesome)
Thanks for this, sometimes I fee like I'm just spitting in the wind. I've just lived 2 lifetimes along this journey. Never burn bridges, if that means you take 5 minutes to send a card, then you do it. You will be remembered for being taught correct manners by your parents. Even if you think it's stupid and would never expect on yourself, the guy on the receiving end will be pleased.

I'm well into my first semester and I still have postcards I want to write.