Thank you emails FROM residency directors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopeful1994

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the deadline for rank lists draws near, I’ve been getting thank you emails from residency directors, reminding me of their program match #’s. Is this typical/ a generic email they send to all candidates? How often do RPDs do this?

Members don't see this ad.

It's program dependent - some do it, some don't. They probably send it to all their candidates because it's a recruitment strategy but it also wouldn't be impossible for them to send it to specific individuals if you were super standout. I wouldn't read too much into it, but it's still is a nice gesture regardless of how many people they sent it to.

Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't really read too much into program thank you email replies and such. My friends and I received the same copy-pasted email from the same people that said we were good fits for the program and the interview went well, etc. Think of it as a reminder that you interviewed at the program, but not so much something where they are definitely ranking you at the top of their list or anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone got a call from the site couple weeks after the interview to just ask how are u doing or if you have any questions? thanks

Don't read into it- some programs may send it to their top candidates, some may send it to everyone.

It doesn't change whether you'll be a good fit or not.