Thank-you letter after interview

Started by CindyQ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CindyQ

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
Is it necessary to write Thank-you letter to the school after the interview? If so, to whom should I address the letter (i.e. Admission Committee or the interviewers). Please let me know!!! Thank you 🙂
-CindyQ
 
CindyQ said:
Hi everyone,
Is it necessary to write Thank-you letter to the school after the interview? If so, to whom should I address the letter (i.e. Admission Committee or the interviewers). Please let me know!!! Thank you 🙂
-CindyQ

It's good practice to send thank you notes or letters. For two of my interviews, I sent a note to each of my interviewers, and for the other, I sent it to the assisstant dean who originally sent me the interview invite and who gave the main presentation at the interview.

I'd send it as soon after your interview as possible.