Thank you letter reply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radpad9

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering out of curiosity how many of you guys actually hear back from the people you write a thank you email/letter/card to? I've been on few interviews and have written on an average of 4-5 thank you emails/interview and so far have only heard back from 1 person!! Just wanted to see if you guys are in a similar boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Have heard back from 3 out of 3 interviewers i emailed so far. definitely don't expect to hear back from anyone you thanked by snail mail. that said don't put too much emphasis on whether or not someone emails you back, particularly PDs and PCs who are likely completely swamped with those kind of emails.

This is totally irrelevant. Some people don't respond because they're too busy and others because they have a policy of not engaging candidates further for fear of violating any match rules.

Honestly communication or the lack of means nothing in terms of how you will be ranked.

Just wondering out of curiosity how many of you guys actually hear back from the people you write a thank you email/letter/card to? I've been on few interviews and have written on an average of 4-5 thank you emails/interview and so far have only heard back from 1 person!! Just wanted to see if you guys are in a similar boat?

It's a thank you card ("Thank you for taking the time to interview me, I had a great time"). Nothing to reply to.

Also, 4-5 emails is too many. Should be sufficient to just send 1 or 2 emails to the people with whom you had a meaningful interaction.

Many will not respond, for a multiplicity of reasons. Ultimately it does not really have anything to do with how you are ranked. Obviously if you write emails it's easier to respond to them.