thank you letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cosenk

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I just had my interview at Tuskegee today. I think it went well! I was wondering how long I should wait to send my interviewer a thank you letter?

Members don't see this ad.

I sent mine all the next day.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Huh...I never sent any thank you letters. I still got in though. I always figured with so many kids interviewing that professors would be more annoyed with the extra email in their inbox than no thank you.

Huh...I never sent any thank you letters. I still got in though. I always figured with so many kids interviewing that professors would be more annoyed with the extra email in their inbox than no thank you.

I sent an email thank you and I got a reply, so they do look at them. You would probably have to get way down on the list of priorities before that became a deciding factor, but it's still better to do it.

I can't imagine that anyone would actually be annoyed by a thank you.

I sent an email thank you and I got a reply, so they do look at them. You would probably have to get way down on the list of priorities before that became a deciding factor, but it's still better to do it.

I can't imagine that anyone would actually be annoyed by a thank you.

Yeah, obviously thank you letters are standard for job interviews and stuff but I've heard conflicting ideas on whether to send them for high-volume interviews such as vet school.

I also only remembered the name of 1/3 of my interviewers so there's that :oops:

Yeah, obviously thank you letters are standard for job interviews and stuff but I've heard conflicting ideas on whether to send them for high-volume interviews such as vet school.

I also only remembered the name of 1/3 of my interviewers so there's that :oops:
I took a small pad of paper with me to my interviews with a couple questions written down to ask the interviewers and so I could walk out after the interview and write their names down first thing. That worked for me at all of my interviews.

I took a small pad of paper with me to my interviews with a couple questions written down to ask the interviewers and so I could walk out after the interview and write their names down first thing. That worked for me at all of my interviews.

Lol I actually forgot the other two names during my interview. I'm pretty much the worst with names ever though.

Back to OPs question: Obviously there are plenty of differing opinions about this topic, so really I think if/what time you send thank you letters is really just at your own discretion.

Oh no! I got super lucky that all of my interviewers had name tags!

And yes, I totally agree with your response to the OP.

I am the worst at remembering names too. Sometimes I get so nervous about it, when someone I does tell me their name, all I hear is the Charlie Brown grown-up voice. "Wah-wah-wah-waah..." Their mouths are moving, but it doesn't compute, lol.

Reactions: 2 users
I always thought sending thank yous was pretty standard, although you would probably want to contact the school to find out whether they prefer actual letters or emails. You can also ask them who interviewed you if you've forgotten.

I always thought sending thank yous was pretty standard, although you would probably want to contact the school to find out whether they prefer actual letters or emails. You can also ask them who interviewed you if you've forgotten.
not really expected anymore these days. Nobody reads Miss Manners apparently.
UNLESS you are specifically told not to, it is never a negative.
And as someone said above, it is not likely to make a significant difference (p=0.802 @thedrjojo has checked my math), but it is polite.

Reactions: 1 users
I brought a notebook and pen into my interview and the first thing I wrote on the top of the page was the names of my interviewers just so I could send them thank you notes. When I got out of my interview, the first thing my mom asked me (because yes she came to interview day with me) was if I had gotten their names down so I could send them thank yous. Clearly something my mother instilled in me, but still think it was a good idea.