Thank You Notes

Started by PharmCase
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PharmCase

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a couple questions on this: Would enclosing a gift card (like for Macys or Starbucks) be appropriate with the thank you letters for the ones who wrote you letters of recommendations? Also is it necessary to send thank you emails to people that interview you, I had an interview last friday, would it be too late now? Is it even necessary? Should I send one to the people in admissions?
 
I have a couple questions on this: Would enclosing a gift card (like for Macys or Starbucks) be appropriate with the thank you letters for the ones who wrote you letters of recommendations? Also is it necessary to send thank you emails to people that interview you, I had an interview last friday, would it be too late now? Is it even necessary? Should I send one to the people in admissions?

Yes! Make sure it's a small amount and you do it after you receive the letters without mentioning it so it doesn't look like a bribe.

It's not necessary to send a thank you to the people who interview (I didn't), but it's a nice touch and makes you that much more memorable. Send it ASAP, though, or it will be memorable for being so late, which you don't want. I would only send a thank you to anyone in admissions who was particularly helpful to you, such as a person who repeatedly answered your questions, helped you assemble your application, etc. I gave campus tours to campus applicants last year and one of them sent <b>me</b> a thank you note. I thought that was sweet, but probably a little excessive. I don't know, maybe he was <i>really</i> thankful.