Thanking Med Student Hosts for Interview Overnight Stays

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geneman

The Transgenic Hobo
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on good ways of thanking the medical students that host you for an overnight stay before interviewing at that school?

Members don't see this ad.

We've had a number of interviewees stay over, but the nicest one actually brought a small gift of see's candies with him as a "thank you" for letting him stay. It was a small gift, but thoughtful.

I always took a small gift, and then sent an email thank-you when I got home.

Members don't see this ad :)
I always brought an assortment of speciality coffees. I figured good strong caffeine would be appreciated for late night study or early morning wake-ups.:sleep: :hardy: :rolleyes:

tulane suggested taking the student host out to dinner. and then while you guys eat, you can talk about the school, life, etc...

i'm sure it doesn't have to be anything fancy... maybe a 10 dollar dinner. ???

That's right, we do expect dinner ... haha, it is a good deal. But, I think it is a way to force you guys to try some awesome New Orleans food.

I've hosted a bunch of people and most take us out to dinner and some don't, and that's fine, I don't care. I think a thank you note is a nice gesture, but again, not a big deal.

The best thing to do is make it as easy as possible on your host: take a cab to their place, ride with them in the morning for the interview, don't make a mess, and take a cab back to the airport. Doing the above would be thanks enough.

But I'm pushing for dinner at Jacque-Imo's

Simul