Thanks for your help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amc1101

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add any of these schools to your application:
Hofstra
Tufts
Jefferson
U Virginia
Washington University (in St. Louis)
Cincinnati
Northwestern

Reactions: 1 user
Is your bachelor's degree in a heavily quantitative area? You may also consider Carle Illinois and Texas A&M EnMed.

You may want to get another 50+ hours of non-clinical volunteering, especially in the following service orientation areas: food distribution, shelter work, job placement services, transportation services, or housing rehabilitation. Try to avoid clinic-adjacent opportunities.

With what other campus activities have you been involved?

Members don't see this ad :)
On a good day, you've checked the nonclinical volunteering box. Put the COVID vaccination clinic hours down. You really need 150-200 hours. Good luck. Your decent GPA and stratospheric MCAT should be helpful for you.

Reactions: 1 users
For Northwestern and Wash U St Louis, my MCAT is competitive per MSAR, but my GPA does not seem to be, so I was worried about my chances for an interview. Is there something in particular in my app that made you suggest these schools?
Washington University likes high MCAT scores and offer interviews to almost 1/3 of applicants who complete secondaries. Northwestern offers interviews to between 16% and 20% of applicants who complete secondaries.

You could remove Morehouse since they mainly admit applicants from the African American community. Also remove Hackensack since they will "yield protect".

Cut according to where you want there to be a mission fit or alignment. If you see yourself more comfortable in programs with BME/engineering faculty appointed to the medical school, start there. I'm not sure what else appeals to you to refine your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.