Thanks, RxPrep!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD2015_TX

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recently passed on NAPLEX. I write this because I think I owed many thanks to RxPrep with my definition of good passing score and I am sharing my studying experience here to help students who may just worrying about it without giving an effort to get you board passing pleasure. I got RxPrep access while ago in school last February but I couldn't spend enough time to master the material.

Around last beginning of July, finally I was able to sit down in peace and I started studying NAPLEX in serious mode. As you all may aware, RxPrep has 73 chapters with almost 1000 pages textbook along with 3300 questions on quiz bank and I didn't take any subject lightly since I didn't know what chapters I would get tested on during NAPLEX. I started reading book first and then watched instructional videos and then I solved the quiz bank. As total, I read RxPrep book twice and practice all of chapters in quiz bank two times. I think the hardest is the first time doing all of 73 chapters quiz bank and I did all. Some of you may not need it. As always is the case, I am a vey typical asian girl who studies everything given and I really don't know how to study material short and fast.

Reading, watching, solving questions were quite time consuming part and I couldn't speed up any faster than only a chapter a day so I felt very defeated. Although I was taking a test with open RxPrep book but my score was only around 70-80 and I wasn't happy about it.

My studying speed enhanced once I started taking RxPrep quiz bank test first and then I read the RxPrep book without watching videos. At first, I worried that I might be missing some important instructions from videos but then again I started thinking those videos are teaching reinforcement supplement therefore, it can't deviate from guideline or textbook so I should be okay as long as I know the textbook contents and concepts on the questions.

On top of that, I practiced Calculation on daily basis before the 2 weeks of my scheduled NAPLEX and practiced Pharmacokinetics and Biostatistics daily before one week of NAPLEX. Although, it wasn't necessary to do that, but I supplemented my studying readings from my school materials to solidify my understandings on RxPrep.

Before the two weeks of my NAPLEX, I studied my math seriously. I practiced calculation daily and I also solved 120 questions on SDN. At first, my math speed was 1 minute and 30 second per each questions and my math speed got to 28 seconds for each question before the day of NAPLEX which means the more practice, you get speedy. I think math is somewhat repetitive so as long as good practice time has spent for NAPLEX prep, it's quite easy to get some points.

I think NAPLEX passing isn't that hard if you study RxPrep and take math seriously.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user