Thanks Skip Intro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eastdoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've spent a great deal of time reading the previous forums on the Carribean medical schools. Thanks Skip Intro for the information previously provided regarding the AAIMG web site. I found that web site very helpful. I am seriously considering Ross.
Where would I find information on residency match lists? :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by eastdoc
I've spent a great deal of time reading the previous forums on the Carribean medical schools. Thanks Skip Intro for the information previously provided regarding the AAIMG web site. I found that web site very helpful. I am seriously considering Ross.
Where would I find information on residency match lists? :clap:

You're welcome... ;) But, word of caution: a "study of one" is never valid. Do a lot of homework before you make any decision. Ross is not a picnic, and there are many challenges to living on the island.

Nonetheless, here's a recent list of residency matches for Ross grads (if that is what you wanted):

http://www.rossmed.edu/Medical_School/Residency2002.pdf

Good luck whatever your ultimate decision turns out to be!

-Skip

AAIMG is AWESOME!!!!!!
I especially LOVE how they have a fuc*ing " Hotmail" address.

they are obviously a multinational conglomerate

Members don't see this ad :)
Skip Intro, Thank you! I'm curious, what would you consider to be the most challenging part of living on the island?
I love hot weather. However, large bugs (or any bugs) are certainly not delightful.

Eastdoc :clap:

Originally posted by smythe
AAIMG is AWESOME!!!!!!
I especially LOVE how they have a fuc*ing " Hotmail" address.

they are obviously a multinational conglomerate

I have used that hotmail address, in fact, to communicate with their president, who responded promptly and cordially to a concern of mine. Is this some sort of indictment? Please elaborate. What exactly are you suggesting with this sarcastic post?

They are a small operation. They were only founded in 1992. As the numbers of IMGs in the U.S. continues to grow, and the need for a more cohesive, organized representative body to address the collective issues that IMGs practicing in the U.S. arises, I'm certain that this organization will be at the forefront and will likely expand as a consequence. Fortunately, there is now not a great need for such.

Their evaluation process is sound. They visit prospective schools, use pre-defined criteria to evaluate the school, and do not endorse any single school.

Perhaps, in the future, should you decide to engage in a veiled attack against an organization, you will use more than innuendo and sarcasm to back-up your assertions.

-Skip Intro

Originally posted by Molybdenum
If you have to do so much research into foreign medical schools, don't you think it's more worth it to use that time and effort to study for MCAT and get your credentials up for US med schools?

Ummm... 45 minutes surfing a website? Yeah, that's stealing a lot of time away from your studies. :rolleyes:

To me studying abroad is adventurous. I have a desire for medical missions. Besides, tough circumstances can help buiild character. It's what you put into it and what you choose to get out of it. :)