Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Thanks Skip Intro

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by eastdoc, Nov 25, 2002.

1. eastdoc

eastdoc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I've spent a great deal of time reading the previous forums on the Carribean medical schools. Thanks Skip Intro for the information previously provided regarding the AAIMG web site. I found that web site very helpful. I am seriously considering Ross.
    Where would I find information on residency match lists? :clap:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Skip Intro

Skip Intro Registered User
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You're welcome... ;) But, word of caution: a "study of one" is never valid. Do a lot of homework before you make any decision. Ross is not a picnic, and there are many challenges to living on the island.

Nonetheless, here's a recent list of residency matches for Ross grads (if that is what you wanted):

http://www.rossmed.edu/Medical_School/Residency2002.pdf

Good luck whatever your ultimate decision turns out to be!

-Skip

4. smythe

smythe Membership Revoked
    Removed

AAIMG is AWESOME!!!!!!
    I especially LOVE how they have a fuc*ing " Hotmail" address.

they are obviously a multinational conglomerate

5. eastdoc

eastdoc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Skip Intro, Thank you! I'm curious, what would you consider to be the most challenging part of living on the island?
    I love hot weather. However, large bugs (or any bugs) are certainly not delightful.

Eastdoc :clap:

6. Skip Intro

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I have used that hotmail address, in fact, to communicate with their president, who responded promptly and cordially to a concern of mine. Is this some sort of indictment? Please elaborate. What exactly are you suggesting with this sarcastic post?

They are a small operation. They were only founded in 1992. As the numbers of IMGs in the U.S. continues to grow, and the need for a more cohesive, organized representative body to address the collective issues that IMGs practicing in the U.S. arises, I'm certain that this organization will be at the forefront and will likely expand as a consequence. Fortunately, there is now not a great need for such.

Their evaluation process is sound. They visit prospective schools, use pre-defined criteria to evaluate the school, and do not endorse any single school.

Perhaps, in the future, should you decide to engage in a veiled attack against an organization, you will use more than innuendo and sarcasm to back-up your assertions.

-Skip Intro

7. Skip Intro

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Ummm... 45 minutes surfing a website? Yeah, that's stealing a lot of time away from your studies. :rolleyes:

8. eastdoc

eastdoc Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

To me studying abroad is adventurous. I have a desire for medical missions. Besides, tough circumstances can help buiild character. It's what you put into it and what you choose to get out of it. :)