Thanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed568394

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I also interviewed at Mayo, but for the AZ 4-year program. I had the same questions about "prestige" vs the MN campus, etc. From asking students and doing more research, I don't think it will be viewed any differently from MN. Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine is technically a national system, and it is apparent from their admissions that it is all a unified system. So from my understanding, once you graduate- whether it be AZ or a 2+2 program, you will simply just be a MCASOM graduate- there will be no official designation as to what campus you were trained on. Obviously your campus location will come up in interviews and what not, but again I really don't think it will matter a whole lot. Mayo is Mayo and its reputation holds weight. Best of luck when decisions are released in Feb; I'm definitely crossing my fingers!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks guys for voting, do you mind commenting on why you selecting either school?
I didn't apply to Emory, but I also interviewed for the Mayo 2+2 and I really don't think you can go wrong with the Mayo program. You'll have small class sizes (which I guess could be + or -, but I've always liked tight-kit communities), an individualized curriculum, and all the prestige to go with it. I think all Mayo campuses are viewed equally when it comes to prestige because it is a unified, international system. I know you mentioned that Mayo doesn't have a very diverse patient population, which may be true for the MN campus, but I remember them saying that the AZ and FL hospitals have pretty diverse patient populations, and the FL campus is focused a lot on health disparities research. I would still weigh your options a bit before you send a letter of intent, but you can always send a letter of interest to Mayo (I heard they like those too!) But honestly, you can't go wrong with either Emory or Mayo. It may help to think about how your values and interests match with each campus and where you think you'll be happiest :)

Reactions: 1 users