Thanksgiving 2020 WHAT ARE WE THANKFUL FOR?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quickpic007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Annual Thanksgiving post...

What are your top 3 things to be thankful for?? POST HERE

1. Personal and family health. So far major disease and COVID free in my family.
2. Stock market gains!!!!111 (this is also a negative for some, I personally wouldn't mind another pullback to dump more $$ in)
3. Road safety. Been floating some long distance this year and saw a few wrecks. Really puts work and life into perspective.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am thankful for Trader Joe’s food

Reactions: 1 user
thankful for having wonderful parents and life partner!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Family, friends, health, a job, stock market!

I am grateful for my hot gf, my health and for having the God given ability to make a load of money.
"make a load of money"? I must be on the wrong website. Let me see if I'm logged in on JD underground or Wall Street oasis by mistake

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
1 day closer to NEET
1 day closer to NEET
1 day closer to NEET

Screenshot_20201126-132515.jpg

Thanks Houston.

What toy do I wanna buy now for BF?

SDN, cuz no one in my real life wants to argue or discuss the random stuff we talk about on the daily :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Health, job, wife, dogs, family/friends.

SDN is a pretty solid community too.

For real SDN is great. So much good financial advice here. We're all helping each other build wealth!

Grateful for my health, savings, my income, my family. While life is tough right now, I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. Stay strong, everyone.

Thanks to the pandemic, everyone had to deal with existential dread for a few months. I got one hell of a kick out of that. It was fun watching the rookies fail to cope and completely fall apart. No sports, no work, no meaning to their lives.

Ha ha ha.

They really all went through an existential crisis and it was glorious. And the savagery of humanity was laid bare before our eyes. People fighting over, like...toilet paper. And stupid **** like wearing a mask. People gleefully ignoring reality and substituting their own insofar as dealing with the pandemic itself. I didn't think I'd ever see it thanks to all the bromides our modern lives have created to invent meanings for our inherently meaningless lives. But those lives were stripped bare for the world to see. And there was nothing under the facade of American life. And there we were. I got to see everyone for what and who they really are. And it was sort of beautiful in a way. Take the mask off the monster and find an even more horrific monster underneath.

The stupid holidays have them all thinking life has meaning again, sadly. It was fun while it lasted. Oh, BTW, Christmas is probably going to kill hundreds of thousands of people because people aren't distancing from relatives. This is just a mini rant. My annual anti Christmas post this year should be fun to write.

Reactions: 4 users
NGL I do enjoy the mental disintegration of normies

Anyone planning/interested on building a home-gym feel free to PM me for advice/brainstorming options....I had a blast with this project and have over 20 years experience lifting weights in over a half a dozen gyms ranging from private to ones built for the Olympic games (have lived in sooo many States/moved a ton). Love talking gym equipment and home gym improvement (flooring, lighting, heating/air conditioning, sound dampening, air quality, organization and cleaning, etc.)

Anyone planning/interested on building a home-gym feel free to PM me for advice/brainstorming options....I had a blast with this project and have over 20 years experience lifting weights in over a half a dozen gyms ranging from private to ones built for the Olympic games (have lived in sooo many States/moved a ton). Love talking gym equipment and home gym improvement (flooring, lighting, heating/air conditioning, sound dampening, air quality, organization and cleaning, etc.)

What do you like for body weight/no equipment? I am good on lunges, squat, pushup, situp, plank, but I am missing a good upper back one (don't have pull up bar)

What do you like for body weight/no equipment? I am good on lunges, squat, pushup, situp, plank, but I am missing a good upper back one (don't have pull up bar)

Buy a pull up/dip station on Amazon, good sales right now. That and a rowing machine and you're golden. Kettlebell swings will also help with upperback/trap work.

My wife, our health, and our wealth. And living long enough to see my former boss dropping dead at work from a stroke this year. For as dismal a year it's been, seeing each other under more domestic circumstances is wholesome.

May next year bring greater peace and prosperity to us all.

Corporate for cutting hours, pharmacy schools for opening new ones and taking more students, PBMs for lowering reimbursement, PA and computer science existing for people to say those are better.

Im thankful for all of these things. Without them we’d have nothing but the investment thread and who cares about that I can find better investment advice on wallstreetbets.

thanks for all your misery, love you too betch

Life the greatest gift of all from our heavenly Father and living in the USA where we can choose how to use this gift.

My wife, our health, and our wealth. And living long enough to see my former boss dropping dead at work from a stroke this year. For as dismal a year it's been, seeing each other under more domestic circumstances is wholesome.

May next year bring greater peace and prosperity to us all.
Damn..How old were they?

NGL I do enjoy the mental disintegration of normies

I do get a bit of schadenfreude when others lose their minds because they have to skip some of the most mundane social events, i.e. black friday shopping, unmasked celebrations with family and friends, out of state vacations, etc. and are forced to stay home, play video games, watch Netflix, or twiddle their thumbs for a year.

Damn..How old were they?

Mid 50's. I should thank him though as he put me in a sinecure for a couple of years (one that I don't want to leave). One year before his Minimum Retirement Age, but given his debt load, he probably would have never retired. His family is bankrupt because of living the American Dream to the debt hilt.

One of the reasons why I always advise everyone (including myself) that life is worth losing for the right reasons, but it's a pity that most choose to lose it for inane or careless reasons.

Interesting what threads get complained about and closed promptly.

As a pharmacist I deal with ex-cons including registered sex offenders on a regular basis as well as trash Karens of society. If you are against people who have served time having a vote you should support repealing the 19th amendment as well.

As a pharmacist I deal with ex-cons including registered sex offenders on a regular basis as well as trash Karens of society. If you are against people who have served time having a vote you should support repealing the 19th amendment as well.

I’m not against those who have paid their debts to society having the right to vote. However it is difficult to wrap my head around when people have outstanding retributions (outside of jail time like monetary obligations). What complicates this issue even further is “the system” is currently horrible at tracking these outstanding debts and makes it very difficult to understand ones status, to whom, and how to pay.

Last edited:

Depends on the sentence or being a felon imo.

I'm thankful for having retail and hospital jobs that I like, good family/friends, my health, and cryptocurrencies.

Mid 50's. I should thank him though as he put me in a sinecure for a couple of years (one that I don't want to leave). One year before his Minimum Retirement Age, but given his debt load, he probably would have never retired. His family is bankrupt because of living the American Dream to the debt hilt.

One of the reasons why I always advise everyone (including myself) that life is worth losing for the right reasons, but it's a pity that most choose to lose it for inane or careless reasons