That Happened!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

experiences

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

So here is the deal....I have heard so many crazy, wacky totally unbelievable stories during the last two years of residency. While residency can be an exhilarating and very educational time in our lives it is also challenging in many ways. I would be interested in hearing your story or one that you witnessed...especially the negative, unbelievable ones. :) You can post here or send them anonymously to [email protected]. Thanks. Best of Luck!!! Bring it on!

Members don't see this ad.

This thread reminds me of a thread that was posted 3 yrs ago, before anybody had heard of the show "Scrubs". A user claiming to be a TV writer had posted saying that he was looking for funny medical stories, but no one on sdn seemed to believe him at the time. Here is the original thread (note the dates):

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18253

Kalel:

I am real. I truly believe that a lot of us have experienced very bad things during residency and need to know that we are not alone. Weird stuff happens when you arrive at your "House of God" as a newbie with no power. I have heard it time and again. I am interested in hearing others stories and in providing them an arena to vent and to find support from others. Again, this is very real.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think perhaps, it's better to talk about any funny medical stories which we experienced, notjust during residency, because some schools start their clinical training early, and there are bound to be some funny stories.

I'm not sure if this is funny, but during that time when it happened, it was pretty funny

Operating teatres are pretty stressful places, and at that time, i was doing a 2 week posting there. And at the same time, there was the 'las ketchup' trend. and to lighten things up at the OT, they actually have a radio there, tuned on to a popular radio channel. Halfway through the surgery which was a routine hernioplasty, the 'las ketcup' song was played. and immediately, 2 of the attending staff did that 'ketchup dance' thingy..damn! right in the middle of the room

btw, if u're looking to publish any of the stuff people post on this board, u should contact lee or one of the moderators for proper way to cite this site (there used to be a link...currently broken). it wouln't be too cool if say, one of the SDNer's stories appeared on a 'chicken soup for the resident soul' book or something and that wasn't properly acknowledged. additionally, being a message board, it's necessary to ask urself: 'is this for real?'.

Originally posted by Kalel
This thread reminds me of a thread that was posted 3 yrs ago, before anybody had heard of the show "Scrubs". A user claiming to be a TV writer had posted saying that he was looking for funny medical stories, but no one on sdn seemed to believe him at the time. Here is the original thread (note the dates):

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18253
Wow, the biggest reason why that "Scrubs" guy had such a hard time was because he inadvertently and unknowingly posted in the Everyone forum. :laugh: