The 08/05/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

utjsm08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought we should get this thread started!

My name is Jon and I'm a re-taker from May 10th. Was really hoping for a 30+ but ended up with a 29P. PS 12 VR 07 BS 10 . One point on verbal is what is making me retake!!! Good luck to everyone, and lets hope the AAMC gods will be in our favor on test day....bc my May 10th test was hard as hell. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Average Practice Test
PS- 6
VR- 8-9
BS- 7-8
WS

Predicted Score
PS-8
VR-9
BS-9
WS- N

Actual Score
PS- 7
VR- 11
BS- 9
WS- P

So I wish I would have done better on the PS section. I have not had Physics 2 (taking now) and then the gen chem I studied didn't appear at all...

VR- wow- I guessed on 2 passages at the end- I am happy with this one

BS- well I was praying for a 10 but a 9 is above my practice average so I can't complain...

I am applying to regular MD schools with a 27P I am trusting God on this one and will take an MCAT class and retake next year if necessary.

I'm on board as well. I just got 14/10/10 and I've been studying since the moment I got the scores back.

From what I hear from my uncle, who is the Dean of Admissions at every medical school in the country, if PS divided by BS is greater than 1.1 or less than 0.9, the computer automatically rejects the application. Never even gets read.

This is by far the best thing I have ever read!

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess you can never quite lay it on thick enough for some people. Especially here at SDN...:rolleyes:

MDean is a gator. By definition he is not sarcastic, only truthful. Because gators aren't sarcastic. They just attack. Destroy other teams along with their dreams. Never accuse gators of sarcasm. They are just inherently all-knowing and powerful.

You speak the truth. Seek and destroy, my friend. That's what we do.

When are the scores going to be up? i've been refreshing my MCAT THx page like crazy.

Average Practice Test
PS 9
VR 6-7
BS 10

Predicted Score
PS 9
VR 8
BS 9

Actual Score
PS 8
VR 6
BS 9

23Q.

I was hoping for VR to be higher 'cause I felt confident getting out of the test. Well, wat do i know??? anyway, do u guys think i have a chance at DO?

Average Practice Test
PS 12
VR 10
BS 11

Predicted Score
PS 12
VR 10
BS 10

Actual Score
PS 12
VR 9
BS 10

31Q

Hmmm... not sure I am happy with this score... Do you think that is good for MD programs considering I have good grades and all the other extras?
31Q... I will take that anyday for that f... test. You are good for a lot of MD schools..just be happy that your score is 30+

I don't really know what my average score for practice tests but I would guess that it was around a 27.

Actual Score: 29T
BS: 11
VR: 11
PS: 7 :scared:
T

I'm REALLY happy with the two elevens and thrilled about the T but I'm worried that the 7 will keep me from getting an interview or just exclude me altogether even if I get an interview. Opinions?

I don't really know what my average score for practice tests but I would guess that it was around a 27.

Actual Score: 29T
BS: 11
VR: 11
PS: 7 :scared:
T

I'm REALLY happy with the two elevens and thrilled about the T but I'm worried that the 7 will keep me from getting an interview or just exclude me altogether even if I get an interview. Opinions?

you're in the wrong thread. this is the '08 one.