The 2009 "I matched" and "Where did I match?" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UT Houston baby!

Members don't see this ad.

Headed to Brown! Woohoo!

Thanks to everyone for all their advice on here, it was helpful throughout the process!

Last edited:
I am one of the 13 male interns headed to Childrens Memorial/Northwestern :)

Members don't see this ad :)
EMORY (I am so excited!)- when do they get in touch with us?

In general, PDs will eventually get around to sending a letter, email or calling incoming interns. They have a lot of info to share with you and vice-versa. However, it is not considered rude to call the residency office at any time and say:

"Hi, I'm almost Dr. Sarahgard and I'm coming to be a resident at Emory in July. Can you tell me when interns report for orientation and when we'll be hearing from the PD?"

I would avoid saying

"and by the way, what night are we all going out for a beer party and to watch the Braves play? Also, could I get an advance on my first paycheck. And oh yeah, can my SO/mom/brother, etc get a job at your hospital? And, I'll be needing Thanksgiving off to go on a family vacation. okay?"

Wait till they know you a bit better for that stuff....:laugh:

Children's Memorial/Northwestern as well (female this time)
13 guys in the intern class? Woohoo!

:D I was starting to wonder where my Baylor folks were! Congrats!
Thanks TR!
In general, PDs will eventually get around to sending a letter, email or calling incoming interns. They have a lot of info to share with you and vice-versa.
A nice touch from my program - received a welcome letter from the chairman scanned and emailed, plus an email from a current intern with congrats and offering help with questions!

Also, I've already received via email a barrage of forms to fill, including a form asking me to re-request my ERAS LORs for the Housestaff application b/c the letters can't be older than 90 days! -slaps forehead- Bureaucratic redundancy anyone?

Looks like almost a quarter of the incoming guys at Children's Memorial/NW have posted here. Count me amongst the group :D Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'll be at MGH for a peds intern year and then adult+child psych at mgh (not a triple board). Very excited!

UT Southwestern in Dallas, super excited!!!!

After changing my mind a million times before ROL deadline, I am so glad to have put Boston Combined as my #1!!! Where are my other co-interns at?!

got MCW (Med College of Wisconsin). Very, VERY happy! Come on, there HAVE to be a few more SDN lurkers who are going there too!

Not sure if I qualify as a lurker, but I'm staying at MCW as well! So psyched to get my first choice. We'll definitely have to chat before orientation starts!

I'm doing a peds prelim at MCW. Yay! Funk!

I haven't posted forever, but I'm going to MCW too! I'm so excited to go to a program where our chair of pediatrics looks like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof (in a good way...love Dr. Kliegman!).

Members don't see this ad :)
UC Irvine, baby!!! :love:

So happy this process is all over.

For those of you who matched to Cincinnati Children's, maybe I'll see you in the halls or something sometime this summer (I'm applying to volunteer there).

Congrats to everyone!

I haven't posted forever, but I'm going to MCW too! I'm so excited to go to a program where our chair of pediatrics looks like Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof (in a good way...love Dr. Kliegman!).

Welcome to the MCW crew! I think we're going to have an awesome intern class based on the folks I know coming from MCW and those I've chatted with on SDN. Send me a PM with your name if you're on facebook and would like to get added to our new facebook group. :D

Welcome to the MCW crew! I think we're going to have an awesome intern class based on the folks I know coming from MCW and those I've chatted with on SDN. Send me a PM with your name if you're on facebook and would like to get added to our new facebook group. :D

If ya'll are as awesome as the two girls from my class headed there (one peds, one med/peds) you'll indeed be having an amazing class.

I saw that was created when I had a bunch of friends from our class join, but I haven't joined since I'm a prelim.

If ya'll are as awesome as the two girls from my class headed there (one peds, one med/peds) you'll indeed be having an amazing class.

All the MCW people awesome. I'm excited to be working with a bunch of friends from my class. Great people. Glad to hear other people coming are great too. =)

I saw that was created when I had a bunch of friends from our class join, but I haven't joined since I'm a prelim.
All the MCW people awesome. I'm excited to be working with a bunch of friends from my class. Great people. Glad to hear other people coming are great too. =)

Congulations on the match everyone! I will be one of the peds chiefs next year and look forward to meeting all the new MCW interns. I know many of the MCW graduates that will be here and have heard good things about others who matched here so I think y'all will have a very fun and interesting class.:)

If you have any questions about the program or Milwaukee, please PM or email me. See you in June! -aaron

hmm...maybe we need an MCW sub-forum :laugh:. meanwhile, I KNOW there are a couple {thousand} future pedi interns who've seen this thread and haven't posted. Join up and post so your future buddies can contact you.:)

oh yes and "Ace" - you've been on SDN for nearly 8 years and you have 54 posts....come on, share with us a bit more often! TexasRose rarely insults Yankees on this forum.

Congulations on the match everyone! I will be one of the peds chiefs next year and look forward to meeting all the new MCW interns. I know many of the MCW graduates that will be here and have heard good things about others who matched here so I think y'all will have a very fun and interesting class.:)

If you have any questions about the program or Milwaukee, please PM or email me. See you in June! -aaron

Cool! I remember you! I worked with you one day my M3 year when I was on Red Team when you were a Wombat one of the weekends I was on call or something. I doubt you'd remember me from a year ago though.

hmm...maybe we need an MCW sub-forum :laugh:. meanwhile, I KNOW there are a couple {thousand} future pedi interns who've seen this thread and haven't posted. Join up and post so your future buddies can contact you.:)

oh yes and "Ace" - you've been on SDN for nearly 8 years and you have 54 posts....come on, share with us a bit more often! TexasRose rarely insults Yankees on this forum.

Has it really been 8 years? Wow! I remember getting into SDN back in undergrad when applying for med school and have been a consumate lurker since then. A man of many lurkings but few words. I will certainly be happy to share more though.:D

Cool! I remember you! I worked with you one day my M3 year when I was on Red Team when you were a Wombat one of the weekends I was on call or something. I doubt you'd remember me from a year ago though.

Was this the day I decided to rename the wombat shift to the ninja shift???:confused:

I am a little late but anyway...

"Here goes nothing" (my all time favorite quote from my all time favorite movie....)

Matched at Baylor!!! Will see you guys there (generic and riverie)..
Now I have to hunt for an apartment.... Any suggestions?

Yay for Baylor! Or Rice...haha...I mean, it's just a memorandum of understanding at this point, but, oh well.

After changing my mind a million times before ROL deadline, I am so glad to have put Boston Combined as my #1!!! Where are my other co-interns at?!

Holla!! BCRP 2009 baby!!!!

Soooo psyched...